Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2004, 12:00 PM

Default Problem with Wilson Tournament Texas Hold\'Em

I have this very consistent problem: If one of the computer opponents simply limps into a pot then it will call any raise and even any re-raise made by any number of players acting after it. Example: Computer limps in for $100 and the pot is raised to $900 and then re-raised to $4000... the limper then cold-calls the $4000 from its original $100 limp.

This is, imo, causing negative learning/practice value for using this software. It encourages me to play the game against itself, such as re-raising all-in because I am assured of a call, even though I know these tactics fail miserably in a real live tournament.

Another glitch is the computer's very frequent attempts to "steal" pots on the turn, often raising or betting out in great excess of that player's stack (like 70% of chips with nothing but middle pair). It teaches me to call, when in real-life one really should become wary of hidden sets, weak two-pairs from the blinds, etc.

Is there anyway to fix these issues? I didn't see any sort of patches from the Wilson software website.