Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2004, 09:24 AM

Default This is why I play on Party..

Queen, Deuce...never lose..almost [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Qh Ah (two pair, aces and queens).
MP3 has Qs 2c (two pair, queens and twos).
CO has 9h 8h (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.75 BB. </font>
Old 12-06-2004, 08:54 AM

Default Re: This is why I play on Party..

BUT IT WAS SOOTED!!!

oups, it wasnt even suited, and I cant believe CO's river-call.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:18 AM

Why wouldn't/didn't you cap the flop? Did you think MP3 hit a set or was on an over pocket pair, but only called preflop? Or were you thinking UTG+1 might cold call 2, but not 3? Just curious, because on the turn you checked/called, but then on the river (after hitting 2 pair) you bet out and were raised.

If you had MP3 on a set, I don't think you lead out at the river with 2 pair, if you had him on an over pocket pair, seems like you would have 3-bet him on the river (though with no reads mentioned, would MP3 only call preflop with AA or KK?), if you had him on a flopped 2 pair then you 3-bet the river as well. From the prior action, you can't be afraid of losing CO, as he appears to be a calling station (cold called 2 preflop and then cold called 3 on the flop!).

Again, I'm just curious to know why you slowed down both times you were raised. Based on how you started the post, I'm assuming that MP3 is now a "buddy" and was the one playing Q-2, cold calling 2 preflop. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 09:19 AM

I'll see your pair of eights and raise you a pair of fives.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG has Ad 5h (one pair, fives).
Hero has 9d 9h (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 26.75 BB. </font>
Old 12-06-2004, 09:23 AM

After going back and reading the white, I'm assuming CO is a "buddy" as well! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Why fear the Q when you have middle pair and need runner runner for the flush! Go ahead, call 3 cold! Then, when the A hits the river, no need to run... cold call 2 more with that middle pair and whopping 9 kicker! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Not bad... you win the hand and find 2 "buddies"! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 09:35 AM

amirpc, did you have a read on UTG to 3-bet from UTG+2 with pocket 9's? Or a read on the table that the rest would fold to the 3-bet, thus leaving you heads up with UTG? Just curious and wondering if this is standard play without reads on player and/or table.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:37 AM

My read on UTG: Only has a bet button, or the other two are malfunctioning.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:43 AM

I'm okay with your flop play, but I'd have liked to have seen you checkraise the turn and an easy three bet on the river.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:46 AM

Default how many of you would checkraise the turn ? n/m

n/t
Old 12-06-2004, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't/didn't you cap the flop? Did you think MP3 hit a set or was on an over pocket pair, but only called preflop? Or were you thinking UTG+1 might cold call 2, but not 3? Just curious, because on the turn you checked/called, but then on the river (after hitting 2 pair) you bet out and were raised.

If you had MP3 on a set, I don't think you lead out at the river with 2 pair, if you had him on an over pocket pair, seems like you would have 3-bet him on the river (though with no reads mentioned, would MP3 only call preflop with AA or KK?), if you had him on a flopped 2 pair then you 3-bet the river as well. From the prior action, you can't be afraid of losing CO, as he appears to be a calling station (cold called 2 preflop and then cold called 3 on the flop!).

Again, I'm just curious to know why you slowed down both times you were raised. Based on how you started the post, I'm assuming that MP3 is now a "buddy" and was the one playing Q-2, cold calling 2 preflop. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He played it fine man. He didn't cap the flop because he was BEHIND.