Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2004, 09:31 PM

Default New PV Beta Release tonight, bug fixes, some features!

Alright guys I've got a long overdue release coming out tonight. You have about an hour to post quick feature requests and I'll try to push them through.. On that note here is what is in this one:

1) Added a fix for the people having problems getting stats to show on some tables, this is a checkbox in the layout manager labeled "My system doesn't update time stamps"

2) Added some table averages, VPIP, BB/100, PFR, Won $ at SD and Went to SD WSF %.

3) Initial (EXTREMELY BETA) tourney code. Only some stats are implemented, and these aren't tested very well. I wouldn't count on this working 100% yet - however there are some stats such as VPIP there and I know a lot of tourney players were really dying for that.

4) Fix for people who were dragging their labels off the screen in the layout manager.

I'll probably throw the update up around 10 PM CST but I'm willing to push quick features through if you post them now! Also, BUG FIXES! Post your bugs!

PS - If you have been having problems with stats not showing up and getting a "Too old" message in the debug spam, and wouldn't mind testing - send me an IM on l0lnix. I want a few testers for my fix before I publish it, I can't reproduce the error so its hard for me to test.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:07 PM

Default Re: New PV Beta Release tonight, bug fixes, some features!

CT is putting some last minute changes in to the tourney code for the beta release tonight also, just so you guys know. We're gonna release whenever he gets finished and we test a little.

I've added a new feature that allows you to have your own stats displayed as I've been getting e-mails about that. The problem is that its gonna annoy people, being over their own cards and such. By default it will be off..for people who really want it they can just set their layout up so that the labels aren't over where the cards would be for each seat.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:39 PM

Default RELEASED .7S

You can get the newest version from the website:

PlayerViewNET

Please read the release notes before posting problems! If you were having a problem with the "Too old" error and some tables not getting stats, then you will need to enable the fix in the layout manager.

Please let us know asap about any problems you have!
Old 12-04-2004, 11:55 PM

Default Re: RELEASED .7S

i think a Total Hands stat for the entire table would be helpful
Old 12-04-2004, 11:59 PM

Default Re: RELEASED .7S

[ QUOTE ]
i think a Total Hands stat for the entire table would be helpful

[/ QUOTE ]

which would of course have to exclude your own hands
Old 12-05-2004, 03:31 AM

I haven't used your program, but I have been using the GameTimePlus program. Are there any major differences between the two programs?
Old 12-05-2004, 03:37 AM

I haven't tried any of the latest GT+, but I know the first one I didn't like. It wasn't customizable, and nothing was really automated. It depended on your PT database to be updated to tell when people leave/join the table.

I guess the main difference at this point is that PV is fully automated.

Perhaps someone who has used GT+ can tell you better.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't tried any of the latest GT+, but I know the first one I didn't like. It wasn't customizable, and nothing was really automated. It depended on your PT database to be updated to tell when people leave/join the table.

I guess the main difference at this point is that PV is fully automated.

Perhaps someone who has used GT+ can tell you better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well those all sound like good improvements over GT+, only problem with your program is that it requires the .NET framework which i don't want to put on my computer. Any chance there'd be a version that doesnt require it?
Old 12-05-2004, 04:26 AM

Why don't you want to install the .NET framework?

I'm pretty sure most newer applications are going to start requiring using the .NET framework in the future anyhow, so you'll probably eventually end up installing it.

And no it is written using the .NET libraries there is no real reason for us to not use them, they have a very nice garbage collector [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also I'm pretty sure its included in XP SP2 by default, and you can be guaranteed that future versions of windows will come with it as well.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:41 AM

There really is nothing to be afraid of about the .net framework. Its essentially a bunch of libraries that ONLY run when a .net program runs and then only within the program. Its like a plug in for Internet explorer. The plug in doesn't do anything when you're looking at pages that don't use the plug in.

~CT