Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2004, 07:40 PM

Default wild action @ the new morongo palm springs, 1 hand...

5-10 nl, game is so nutty mike caro and i are the only sane ones.
oh and an old man super rock who im in this hand with. sooooo...we all have $1000ish, i raise to 30 w/KK utg and a dude who raises at least 75% of the time makes it 60, now the old man super rock makes it 250. normally this is AA or KK 100% but even the old man knows the 60 rasie was bullshit so im trying to convince myself hed put in 250 with JJ,QQ,AK. I decide a re-raise lets them off too easy here and opt for a call. crazy guy now folds. flop is Qc9d8d. i decide i dont want to give a free card to ak or jj and bet out 250. the old dude hems and haws for a while a calls. a dude to his left says "im all in" as a joke and the old dude nearly craps his depends before hes sees the guy has no hand and is f'ing around. i took this to mean old dude was really scared and wasnt acting with a set of queens, i put him on AQ. turn is a blank I move in old dude goes in the tank again and calls.

soooo...he has AA and takes it down, im beating myself up for this one was there a significantly better line?
Old 12-03-2004, 07:53 PM

Default Re: wild action @ the new morongo palm springs, 1 hand...

the best line is posting this in the correct forum.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:05 PM

Default Re: wild action @ the new morongo palm springs, 1 hand...

In fairness to the lost and bewildered, the two "Mid- and High Stakes" links on the sidebar are somewhat confusing and easy to click the wrong one.

Of course, there still is a better place to get an answer to this question.

(However, whenever I have KK against AA, no matter what the stakes, limit or no limit, I am generally able to play it for maximum loss.)