Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2004, 10:49 AM

Default Top 2pair, river play ok?

IDK If the 3bet is a little much.. On the turn he raises me after I just checkraised HIM on the flop! I get kinda nervous til the river gives me top 2P [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

1/2 game on InterPoker:

Hero is in BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PF----------------
4 folds, <font color="red">MP raises</font> 2 folds, button coldcalls, SB folds, hero calls 1.

FLOP (6.5 sb)-----
A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets</font> , BT calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, BT calls.

TURN (6.25 bb)----
[A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="red">BT raises</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

RIVER (12 bb)--
[A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">BT raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, BT calls.

Final pot 17.5bb after rake
Old 12-03-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Top 2pair, river play ok?

I'm shamelessly bumping this because I really need some opinions here. I'm getting slaughtered in 1/2, plz help a brotha out.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:21 PM

I'd fold pre flop.
Lead out on the flop use MP3 to drive button out.
Turn seems good
River I think is good.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:23 PM

Looks good to me. I think you're ahead of AK/AT/Ax much more often than you're up against a strangely played set.

Al
Old 12-03-2004, 02:01 PM

PF is alright in the BB. in the SB, its closer. I might call with an extra limper and fold here. its not a big error either way though. postflop is more important.

read the 1/2 AJ post that entity and i have been bumping lately.

i think a check-call, check-call, bet line may be good here.

the problem with betting the flop and hoping for a raise is what hands will raise you? you may let KK/QQ drop cheaply or only be raised by AK/AJ (AK being much more likely). with the flop raise, you're not getting enough info to make a fold in this hand, so you still have to call down.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:13 PM

I think on the whole your play is fine - especially with no reads. I would call this from the big blind. The MP seems to me like he might have Ax - perhaps something that paired up. The button could have hit trip T, but ATs seems more likely given all the previous action.

I don't really checkraise very often - is your motive here to get folks out of the pot? I would think that it would be hard to get an A to drop after already putting in 1, and it would be easy for someone to have 2 pair.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think a check-call, check-call, bet line may be good here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the hand is stronger than that, no? MP is 1st in, raising standards go down a lot in his spot.

[ QUOTE ]
the problem with betting the flop and hoping for a raise is what hands will raise you? you may let KK/QQ drop cheaply or only be raised by AK/AJ (AK being much more likely). with the flop raise, you're not getting enough info to make a fold in this hand, so you still have to call down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you read the hand wrong? I check-raised the flop. The info that I got by his call (and not a raise) was "I don't have AA". I think I have it, and they will pay. AK is my biggest concern at this point (not TOO big tho), til he slows down on the turn.. But then the BT wakes up which makes me wonder... MP aggressed PF, I aggressed on the flop, now the button is getting his raising in on the turn, Weird.. Well, I HAVE to call that one, and I feel all better when my Q pops up on the riv.