Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2004, 08:57 AM

Default 5/10 short-handed - 22 on AA2 board....

6-handed 5/10

UTG limps, I call on button with 22. SB makes it 50, BB calls, UTG folds, I call.

Flop is AA2.

SB leads for 80, BB folds, I make it 200, he calls.

We both have about 2k. He seems OKish, but with a faint but discernible whiff of fish.

Turn is Q, he leads for 200 & I call.

River is 7 (no flush) 200 again & I min-raise.

Comments? Flop raise is mandatory I think, but what about the turn? Who raises here? If not, who flat calls the river? Or if you raise, how much?

Thx
Old 12-03-2004, 09:38 AM

Default Re: 5/10 short-handed - 22 on AA2 board....

[ QUOTE ]
6-handed 5/10

UTG limps, I call on button with 22. SB makes it 50, BB calls, UTG folds, I call.

Flop is AA2.

SB leads for 80, BB folds, I make it 200, he calls.

We both have about 2k. He seems OKish, but with a faint but discernible whiff of fish.

Turn is Q, he leads for 200 & I call.

River is 7 (no flush) 200 again & I min-raise.

Comments? Flop raise is mandatory I think, but what about the turn? Who raises here? If not, who flat calls the river? Or if you raise, how much?

Thx

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is how I would play this hand when on my a-game(at the moment im playing horribe but thats whole other story).

Preflop make it $40, button, pair, short = enough for me to raise, if comes over the top too much fold, if little call [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
OK but to the flop: I like your raise alot something just says that he have AKs/o, so raise is good.
On turn, I would raise again to something like 600, if he comes over the top call, if he have AA,QQ,AQ so be it.
River: assuming that you have played to here as you did, i think the miniraise is ok, it just screams like A7s and he will only with A-something and come over the top with hands you dont beat and you have missed alot value.