Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Little Theories On Life: the point system

Ok, so before we get squirted out onto this planet we start off in some holding area. Maybe the area is with a god, I'm not sure, I can't really remember. But I've seen evidence that before we get here we are allotted points.

These points can be spent on several categories. Beauty, Intelligence, Strength, Wealth, etc.

The points range from

0: drooling retarded girl I saw digging in her bunghole while repairing a computer in a special ed class.

to

1000: Rich, Wealthy, Handsome, Intelligent Actor or something fun and popular like that.

Just knowing the existence of this system is very helpful and that's why I'm sharing it. It is important to try and figure out where you fit in on the scale. This is helpful in many aspects of life.

Dating for example:

You may be able to jump up 100 pts or so if you are lucky. But usually 800s are only long term compatible with other 800s. You have to work on getting faster and more effiecient at ranking everyone you see. Eventually it is as if everyone is walking around with a number floating above their head.

Anyway, my theory is that we all start out with some small amount of points the first time out. Depending on the things you do during a lifetime you earn more starting points for the next round.

I'm still developing many aspects of this theory, but I figured I'd share what I have so far.

I just think it's interesting to see how people spent their points. Take me and my best friend for example. I think we were given just about the same amount of points. He decided to spend a whole lot of them on a photographic memory and high processing speed. For this he sacrificed height and motor skills. I took a slower brain but am a bit less physically challenged. We both seem to be at about the exact same point in our lives right now. Early 20s, making ~50k, beating 5/10 for more than we make at work.

Sometimes you see people though that just must have started out with more points than you, and there is nothing you can do to compete with them no matter how hard you try.

How many points do you think you started with, and what did you spend them on?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Little Theories On Life: the point system

Well it would be helpful to have some more defined categories, for instance Im not sure wealth should be one of those. Maybe just stick to innate characteristics?

I think Ill use generic terms and let you tell me what points they equate too?

As far as looks, Id rank myself strictly average, with a light bump upwards for being a little taller than most (6' 2"). As far as motor skills I'll go with slightly above average since I was a pretty good athlete in high school and played rugby in college with a fair degree of success. Id say brain power is probably my highest point getter. When I got tested while I was young I got about 140 on a standardized IQ test and did well on my standardized tests coming out of high school. I didnt take the SAT but I did take the ACT and got a 30 composite including a perfect score in reading comprehension. As far as social skills, Id say above average as well since I have no problems meeting new people, making friends, etc. How does all this translate into your points system?
Old 12-02-2004, 04:25 PM

Old 12-02-2004, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many points do you think you started with, and what did you spend them on?

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean you don't remember? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 04:30 PM

You didn't spend any points on humility did you? Are you that GreenTea guy from the Internet forum awhile back? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 04:35 PM

The theory isn't fully developed. I have just used it on more of a gut feeling sort of way, which has become highly evolved. I haven't broken it down into actual categories, and I haven't really assigned numbers to certain things.

I do like these categories:

Looks
Brain Power
Athletisism
Social Ablility

With maybe 250 pts available in each category.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The theory isn't fully developed. I have just used it on more of a gut feeling sort of way, which has become highly evolved. I haven't broken it down into actual categories, and I haven't really assigned numbers to certain things.

I do like these categories:

Looks
Brain Power
Athletisism
Social Ablility

With maybe 250 pts available in each category.

[/ QUOTE ]
Was that a response to my post? I was responding to vulturesrow.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:39 PM

Is this your own rating, others' rating of you or a bird's eye view? as an example, I like myself just fine and would give myself a 250 for Social Ability. Other's think I'm an ass and would give me a 03 (not a zero, because I don't crap my pants in public). However, i think being an ass to certain people is perfectly socially acceptible. bird's eye view, I have no idea what my social score would be.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:42 PM

not to be an ass, but a 140 should get better than a 30 composite on their act, even under the influence.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this your own rating, others' rating of you or a bird's eye view? as an example, I like myself just fine and would give myself a 250 for Social Ability. Other's think I'm an ass and would give me a 03 (not a zero, because I don't crap my pants in public). However, i think being an ass to certain people is perfectly socially acceptible. bird's eye view, I have no idea what my social score would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a bird's eye view for sure. You are scored based on the scores of others. It is a competition.

You bring up a very important point. You need to be able to rank yourself accurately among your peers. You cannot give yourself a high score because you like yourself. You must be in touch with reality.

If you see a guy talking to more people in a bar who is entertaining hotter women, he has more social points that you, end of discussion.