Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 12:48 PM

Default How far do you go?

2 hands.

Hand 1: Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Ugly ugly turn card. I'm now drawing dead to KK/QQ/TT/KQ. Was the turn cap going too far? Anyone put in more bets on the river?

River: (22 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Hand 2: Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Time to decide between a calldown and a fold. Villain had just sat down about an orbit, and PT hasn't caught up to him yet, so no reads [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'm in bad shape against AQ/AA/JJ, splitting with KK, and good against TT.

River: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 12-02-2004, 01:21 PM

Default Re: How far do you go?

Hand 1: Looks good. He likely would have 3 bet with any K so I like the cap. Once he leads the river just calling is fine.

Hand 2: You aren't in bad shape against JJ on the turn. You are ahead of JJ on the turn. It's somehwat unlikely he has AQ since he capped preflop and unlikely he has KK. So most likely you are facing TT, JJ, or AA. You are good against two of the three he most likely is holding. I would 3 bet the flop and even if he caps once I improve in the turn I would raise his turn bet. If he still 3 bets the turn then I would call down. Folding would be bad in this hand.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: You aren't in bad shape against JJ on the turn. You are ahead of JJ on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, thanks for the correction [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
It's somehwat unlikely he has AQ since he capped preflop and unlikely he has KK. So most likely you are facing TT, JJ, or AA. You are good against two of the three he most likely is holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop I'm thinking I'm either way ahead or way behind, and with position I'm check-calling or betting if he checks -- my experiment with the "get the most/lose the least" line I've seen others post. Any comments on whether this was a good place to apply it?
Old 12-02-2004, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I'm thinking I'm either way ahead or way behind, and with position I'm check-calling or betting if he checks -- my experiment with the "get the most/lose the least" line I've seen others post. Any comments on whether this was a good place to apply it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your line is reasonable. However I think once the trip Q comes on the turn you are ahead here a large percentage of the time. I would still raise the turn and just call a 3 bet. Also if he calls your turn raise, but then leads the river when the A falls I would just call.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:21 PM

I missed that the turn would counterfeit JJ; once you point that out, I like your line since reasonably I lose only to AA now.

Villain turns over 88 (??) and MHIG.

(Villain in hand 1 had QQ and MHING.)
Old 12-02-2004, 05:28 PM

I'm a noob, so let me know if I'm wrong, but I think you're putting too much stock into how these guys are betting in Micro-limit without getting reads on them first. I'm not suprised at all that in the one hand the guy only had 88.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:11 PM

True, but in order to make a decision, you have to put your opponent on a hand. Without a read that they play a unique way, you have to assume certain things based on probability (vs possibility).

The fact that they can turn over anything, including 88, is the reason you so often see people say, "when he caps it again, you can put him on quads and call it down..."
Old 12-02-2004, 07:40 PM

I'm also pretty new to the micro-limit scene but you can't give your opponent too much credit all thet time and you also can't assume they always got nothing. It may not surprise you they have 88, but you have to take into account what there could be and the likelihood and if your move is profitable.