Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 05:00 PM

Default (KK) 3-bet 4 players AAJ All checked to you

Hello my 2+2 Mentors,

I have pocket KK!
The table is loose and passive.

UTG+2== 72% VP$IP 0% PFR He's been at the table for about 70 hands // I figured I can outplay him.

UTG+1 just joined the table 8 hands ago and has a VP$IP/PFR of 0/0 I guess he's been tight and passive so far but I have too little data on him.

UTG is 35%/5.88% VP$IP/PFR I have 35 hands on him so far.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

I 3 bet preflop.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Everyone checks to me when the flop was AAJ.... I look at the 13.5 sb in there. So I bet. Is this stupid agressive???

Flop: (13.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

// 2 call, no raises.... I figure they are waiting or I'm beat?

Turn: (8.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

8.25 BB... Is it worth 8 to 1 to bet here? UTG+1 stays with 72% of anything...

River: (14.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

// I bet because i figured these rags falling can't be helping anyone can they?????

Final Pot: 17.25 BB
Old 12-01-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Re: (KK) 3-bet 4 players AAJ All checked to you

flop bet is good.

i was going to suggest checking the turn and calling a river bet, but it sucks that you were bet into. the raise accomplishes nothing. call down or fold if you think you will be good 1 time in 6.. (getting 10.25:2 to calldown assuming the other guy folds).
Old 12-01-2004, 05:07 PM

UTG+2 is passive, and he is betting into considerable strength here. A lot of players that call a lot of bets on the flop and then fire into the turn are holding a monster hand and are too timid to 3-bet (likewise with passives/weak-tights that stop and go). UTG+2 almost surely has an ace, so I would fold the turn.

Brad
Old 12-01-2004, 05:48 PM

As background the UTG+2 player is the button in this following hand.

It occured a couple of orbits before the hand above.

Do the button's actions make any sense to you?

Would you have 3 bet the river to a K showing?

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 12-01-2004, 06:25 PM

I think the raise accomplishes nothing I either call it down or fold. Interestingly I had a very similar hand to this when I had 99 in MP
Early Position calls I call, everyone folds, SB completes BB checks

flop is something like AA7, checked to me, I bet, BB calls, everyone else folds. Turn is another A, check, bet, call. River is a rag, check, bet, call. He flips over KK and I make a note of this guy playing uber passive. (Which ofcourse I didn't even pay attention to on a later hand and cost myself a big bet.)
Old 12-02-2004, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As background the UTG+2 player is the button in this following hand.

It occured a couple of orbits before the hand above.

Do the button's actions make any sense to you?

Would you have 3 bet the river to a K showing?

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Here the Button has AA so you're right he underplays his hands like crazy.