Mike Caro ENTP (100% sure)
David Sklansky INTJ (98% sure)
Bob Ciaffone ENTJ
Doyle Brunson ENTJ
Bobby Fischer ENTP (95% sure)
Garry Kasparov INTJ
Ray Zee INTP
Phil Hellmuth (and Uri Geller) ENFP

INTP (Ni Te Si Fe) and ENTJ (Te Ni Fe Si) are similar from directions.
INTJ (Ti Ne Fi Se) and INTP (Ne Ti Se Fi) are also similar from directions.

J's produce shorter as they do not have the dominant N here.
Ti's are analytical from their nature, good at math.
Te's are "organizing" from their thinking.
Te, and Ti are relatively easy to spot from their text type when you see it, while it's somewhat difficult for a Te to understand Ti, and the other way around, though J's are generally clearer, more so generally shorter.
Ne means (as do Se) that they see outside (they do not understand inner matters except when it's interpersonal psychology, more so when they are E's - no wonder the psychological things of Mike Caro, and his math and computer skills; Sklansky is also known to be a computer wizard).
EP's and IJ's have Fi, and are generally more pale from their skin (Fe is with IP and EJ, that produces more color, though ENTJ's are often body colder for some reason, but they are Fe's), while also might have more problems with their body (skills, sport) from the lack of Si (introverted sensing).
Ne, Se's are likely better at chess; Ciaffone though is an expert level chess player, but that's it (not better); INTP's rate to be under expert level chess players, but mostly experts (Fischer was a WC as a P). With poker that's sure not true anymore.

Socionics pictures for comparison http://www.socionics.com/advan/famous.htm
Old 12-01-2004, 04:25 PM

Default Re: XXXX personality of mental players

I'm very familiar with David Kiersy and the Meyers-Briggs temperament sorter, but your analysis in the subsequent paragraph is not at all clear. Specifically, can you explain "Ni," "Te," "Si," and "Fe?"

Can you tell that I am an ENTP? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: XXXX personality of mental players

What I've found fascinating is that there seems to be a need for people to categorize themselves and others as a specific temperament when the idea of the test is to find out the preferences, not absolutes.

As an example, I am a eNFj. This does not preclude me from being Sensory or Thinking, rather it shows that I tend to think Intuitively or Feeling first.

It'd also be interesting to know what their preference percentage is. Is Helmuth 52% F or 95% F? Those extra insights can help us understand how wide ranging the different players tendencies reach.