Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 12:10 PM

Default A5s in the BB

Had only been at table a couple of orbits. Seemed generally tight with only 3-4 players seeing each flop.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, Hero ???
Old 12-01-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Re: A5s in the BB

I like betting on the flop and seeing what he does. But I think you're no good here. I'd fold.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:27 PM

i raise; if three bet i check-fold a non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or 5 turn (i'll check call a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and lead a 5). If flat called i'll lead the turn.

Is this too aggressive? It's possible CO/UTG has an A but they could be betting anything from queens, to KJ, to TT...

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 12-01-2004, 01:32 PM

UTG raised. Probably has a big pair or a strong ace. CO called the raise AND the flop bet - so CO must have a strong hand or at least a JT straight draw. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Against a raiser and a caller who both bet into an ace on the board - you have to think that at least one of them has a ace with a strong kicker. You missed picking up a flush draw and only have 3 outs to hit your five and a possible back door flush. Even AA55 is a loser/split to a strong ace if the board pairs. The back door flush is about a 23 to 1 shot. At this point, you are very likely dominated by one of the two opponents. If you played this hand a thousand times, you wouldn't be able to win it enough times to make up for all the money you lose chasing the leaders. This would be a different story if it were against a single opponent with position or if there were no raise.