Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 11:22 AM

Default Who is loosing money?

Hi

I have played poker (Texas,limit) for about 18 months and in the beginning I was loosing money. The last 6 months I have done very well and make more money at poker than my daytime job. I can not see myself loosing money at this in the future.

My question is:
Whos is loosing all the money at online poker?
Is it the new players?
Is poker dependent of new players comming to the game?

I payied 7000 $ rake last month and I made 20 000 $ profit.
If you read this forum everybody is making money!
Who are the loosers?

Tell us your story!
Old 11-30-2004, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Who is loosing money?

what's up,
Nice to see things turned around for you. I just posted a loosing story so check that out(gummy d). Although i was playing nl, i would venture that 80-90% of all on-line players loose money over the long haul. Most of the old hands would probably agree. hard to beat that rake. as far as who is loosing and why: some have gambling problems, others, like a friend of mine who is pretty solid, plays when he is drunk occassionally at higher limits and that will drain your roll pretty fast. Many newbies loose after an initial run of good luck and everyone no matter how good they are will occassionally go on tilt in my opinion. An even better question is what percentage of players online are colluding. many say it doesn't matter, but i think many kids (under 30) and no offense to those in this bracket that are straight shooters, just don't have any respect for ethics in general and can easily go for the money using cell phones and message services. Why not, it is after all money that drives things. I think most of the colluding is not the push people out pots type but sharing hands with possibly more than one colluder. I personally have had much better luck playing in B&M's mostly because it is easier to keep yourself in check.
By the way what limit do you play and what is your BR.
keep up the good work
gummy
Old 11-30-2004, 12:03 PM

People who read this forum make up a very small portion of the poker playing population. Also, people who actively study the game, continually work on their play, are brutally honest about their play, pay attention, are unlikely to go on tilt, etc. make up a very small portion of the poker playing population.

90% of the poker playing population are worse than the top 10%, and I don't even know that everyone in the top 10% is a long term winner. Some people will continue to play even though it is a losing proposition for lots of reasons (denial, entertainment, self delusion, etc.)

I do think that the level of play in the average game will rise sharply over the next decade. The pickings are just too good not to attract the type of people who can beat the game.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:34 PM

I would venture to say anyone willing to collude does not have the ability to do so successfully. Knowing one other persons hand does not allow you to successfully collude in a profitable manner.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:03 PM

congratulations.
are u multitabling 15/30? what is your sn. i would love to see a player of your caliber in action.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi

I have played poker (Texas,limit) for about 18 months and in the beginning I was loosing money. The last 6 months I have done very well and make more money at poker than my daytime job. I can not see myself loosing money at this in the future.

My question is:
Whos is loosing all the money at online poker?
Is it the new players?
Is poker dependent of new players comming to the game?

I payied 7000 $ rake last month and I made 20 000 $ profit.
If you read this forum everybody is making money!
Who are the loosers?

Tell us your story!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, it sounds like your di.ck is bigger than mine.....
Old 11-30-2004, 04:08 PM

I can't take it anymore. L O S I N G = losing
Old 11-30-2004, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would venture to say anyone willing to collude does not have the ability to do so successfully. Knowing one other persons hand does not allow you to successfully collude in a profitable manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

incorrect.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

prove it.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:21 PM

I lost money at poker once. At one point I was $258 in the hole!!