Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 10:45 AM

Default AQo from BB - misplayed... horribly misplayed.

<font color="purple">OK... I'm going to post my rational for all my actions here as I played this hand. Some, I feel are just weak, some are just plain brain-fade.

Table down to one fish (on my left - UTG) All other players between TP-A and TA-A.</font>

Party 3/6 (10 handed) - I'm in BB w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG(LP-P - 84/2) limps, UTG+1(TP-A) limps, 5 folds, Button limps (TA-A), SB completes (TA-A), I check???

<font color="purple">Mistake one??? I've been getting slammed lately with offsuited aces from the blinds with 3 or more limpers. If there was only one or two limpers, I autoraise this, but lately w/ 3 or more limpers, I've just been completing in the SB and checking the BB. I just don't like playing AQo out of position. This is probably flawed logic. AQo vs 4 opponents still wins over 30% of the time. I should raise here to increase my pot equity, but for some reason, my mouse just couldn't find the raise button.</font>

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet

<font color="purple">I have a double gutshot w/ 2 overcards. This is a no-brainer</font>

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB raises, I call

<font color="purple">I believe this is also a no-brainer. I want the overcalls to tie the other players to the pot. I don't want to force the other 3 players to call 2 more here.</font>

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Turn:K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, I raise????

<font color="purple">This, I believe was pure brain-fade... This is how I figure it (after the fact). I'm getting 3 BB out of the SB. If I raise here, or I raise the river... this is probably all I'm getting. Eh... maybe it will be capped between us... but chances are, just 3 BB. Now, I made the unfortunate mistake of forcing 3 players to call 2 cold on the turn with a scary board. If I just called, getting one player (the TP-P maybe) to call would be 1 more BB, possibly more. Do I risk a raise here? Should I just call? My aggressive side took over once I hit my hand.</font>

UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

<font color="purple">UGH!</font>

River:8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, SB calls.

<font color="purple">I'm looking for comments on preflop and turn (or anything else that is questionable).... thanks. </font>
Old 11-30-2004, 08:35 PM

Default Re: AQo from BB - misplayed... horribly misplayed.

Easy raise preflop. Don't play AQo and AKo timidly. In loose games they are premium hands.

I like the turn raise. The pot is already getting big so you don't mind winning it right away. You want charge dearly for two-pair to outdraw you, and if another broadway card comes down you might end up chopping as well.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:01 PM

I agree this is an easy raise PF.

And yeah, you should have smooth-called the turn.

gm
Old 11-30-2004, 09:03 PM

If the table texture has changed from fishy to TAG, isn't it time to find another table?