Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 08:04 AM

Default Online Gambling Taxes

[ QUOTE ]
And because they were first to do TV commercials here.

But it's more bizarre than you think at first glance. Want to play a party skin? Be sure to play Eurobet. Then your winnings will be tax free, but if you play Party you'll have to pay 36% tax on them. (Or just never report your winnings and hope you're not audited. That is just about as clever here as in the US.)

Where the company that owns the skin is located is the question. Not where the servers are, or where the gaming license is or anything. No, it makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wondering how other people here report their gambling winnings from online sites. This is my first year that i may have to go about reporting my poker winnings to the IRS and i don't know how much i am taxable for. I've played across Party, Empire and Eurobet. Anyone who could give some advice or feedback about online poker tax breaks, or approxiamately how much it is would be much appreciated. Otherwise I'll probably just have to go out and hire an accountant.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Online Gambling Taxes

Anyone?
Old 11-29-2004, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Online Gambling Taxes

that quote you have is apparently from someone in sweden. for some reason they do not have to pay taxes on gambling winnings done on a european site, so it would benefit someone in sweden to play on eurobet rather than any of the other skins. to someone in the us it makes no difference