Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 01:31 AM

Default \"I hate it when...\"

Thought it would be interesting if everyone completed the sentence as they saw fit.

1) I hate it when I wanted to click the auto-check button, but then the player before me acts just as I'm clicking and I end up calling a $10 bet with T4s. That sucks. Seriously. It's what inspired me to start this thread.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:34 AM

Default Re: \"I hate it when...\"

Last night I clicked check just as the small blind raised. I had Q5o. Then UTG min-reraised and I felt compelled to call that too considering the odds I was getting. Then I flopped trip fives.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:36 AM

... I mean to click "auto-fold" but click it just as the hand comes to me and I click "bet pot." I'm now raising PF with 92o. One time I did that though, I had T5 and the flop came off 555. I felt like a total ass afterwards, but the guy never thought I had a 5 and moved all in when his A hit the turn.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last night I clicked check just as the small blind raised. I had Q5o. Then UTG min-reraised and I felt compelled to call that too considering the odds I was getting. Then I flopped trip fives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get rivered by a gutshot straight? Because otherwise I think that belongs in the "I love it when..." thread.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:47 AM

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($267.65)
Hero ($96)
UTG ($198.8)
MP ($137.75)
CO ($134.7)
Button ($72.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $4, <font color="CC3333">MP raises to $10</font>, SB calls $4, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($30) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $22</font>, MP calls $22, SB folds.

Turn: ($74) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, MP calls $35.

River: ($144) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $29 (All-In), MP folds.

I guess he missed his flush?? I guess I should have pushed on the turn but I thought he had some type of made hand that I could milk.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:08 AM

I hate it when you flop the an Ace high straight and and accidently click auto fold to a raise on the turn. Oh well it was .05/.10 anways.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:31 AM

i did that the other day with a $55 flop bet. sucked because the turn missed and i only had $5 left. figured i might as well throw it in at that point and ended up hitting the nut flush on the river.

i hate it when i'm at a table that is pre-flop raised 90% of the time.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:50 AM

You fold QQ on the button by accident when everyone limps to you, and then the flop comes JJQ.

Come to think of it I hate it when I fold any hand and the flop would have made you a monster. I especially hate it when you see another player betting large on this same board bluffing like he has the cards you folded.

And I hate it when you finally think you are gonna bust that crazy LAG with your top two pair and he turns over the gutshot straight he made on the river.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Come to think of it I hate it when I fold any hand and the flop would have made you a monster. I especially hate it when you see another player betting large on this same board bluffing like he has the cards you folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a dangerous line of thinking-- do you see why?
Old 11-29-2004, 12:14 PM

Oh yeah, I know, I dont let it change my pf play, its all based on EV.

I still hate seeing that though.