Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Toasted Lion needs input (flame away please)

After a terrible day I think I need to re-evaluate my game but also need some input in general so feel free to flame away.

hand 1 talbe fairly loose with severals +35% vp$ip.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB <font color="purple">(2plus2er)</font> raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
2plus2er checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">2plus2er 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, 2plus2er calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (15 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
2plus2er checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">2plus2er raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="blue"> Should I slow down now or even lay down? I'm hoping for the AK in hears at the 2+2er </font> <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">2plus2er caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (31 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">2plus2er bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO calls. <font color="blue">I hate to make this call after he capped the turn. </font>

Final Pot: 34 BB

Hand 2
Another fairly loose table, must be Thanksgiving holliday.

Oponent is very loose preflop and 15% preflop-raise.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 <font color="purple">(75flop15%pfr)</font> raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">75flop15%pfr bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, 75flop15%pfr calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">75flop15%pfr raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font> <font color="blue">Flushdraw and 2 pair. </font> , <font color="CC3333">75flop15%pfr caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">75flop15%pfr bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.70 BB

Hand 3
Table is somewhat tight but with several really loose players. Oponent is tight agressive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls. <font color="blue">Lay down here? </font>

River: (7.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="blue">Hero ??? </font>

Other comments welcome, Im sure several of you have played against me so flame away. Generally I think I get great advices here even if I do not always agree, so at least you make me think.

For those with poker-tracker, try looking for HouseLion and now I better put on my flame-proof suit [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2004, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Toasted Lion needs input (flame away please)

Hand 1, I play it the same and hope the 2+2er shows me AK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Hand 2, I'm not getting involved with a weak suited ace in EMP with a LAG to my left. Once I'm in, I call down his turn raise (unless I improve on the river).

Hand 3, how can a table be tight with several loose players? Several loose players would by definition create a loose table. That said, bet the flop. You'll have a much better idea where you're at and how to play the rest of the hand.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:08 PM

Hand 1, I think that you did fine. I might have slowed down one bet earlier on the turn, but at that point two pair was still a possibility, although less likely.

Hand 2, With the loose aggressive player immediately behind you, I don't really like the limp with the suited ace. It is just too likely that you will end up playing for two bets, and it will be hard to make up enough postflop to pay for that. I probably would have folded.

I think I would have checkraised the flop on hand three, and if I get raised on the turn, probably give it up there.

In my database, your are 18/10, and losing 16/100 on a very limited sample.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:26 PM

1) He has TT,AA, could be AKh when he CRs the turn, call down.

2) Not sure this is a limp, but rest is good, I think you are ahead often on the river but not often enough to risk a 3bet.

3) You need to bet the flop here and hope he will help you thin the field.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:01 PM

Hand 1 I think I play the same because you need to keep charging the obvious flush draws 2 bets cold. Definitely not a raise on the river. Call and hope for AhKh.

Hand 2 I think I play more aggressively. Flop and turn the same, but bet the river. You're ahead of AQ or AK here.

Hand 3 bet the flop and you're in much better shape on the turn.

The Doc