Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Call this 2+2\'er down?

I have several questions about the best way to play this hand. The table was loose and passive, even by party standards. Directly to my right is a 2+2er that I recognize by name but have not played many hands with. He seemed to be playing pretty aggressive in the 2 orbits or so that I've been here. He is SB and I am BB in this hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

flopped TP-weak/medium kicker. May be best hand now but so vulnerable it may be best to dump it immediately. When SB bet I thought that made it an easy raise or fold situation. I raised to protect my hand and hopefully get overcards to fold. I was not happy to see all those callers. SB's 3-bet could mean 2 pair, set, or flush draw. But I think I definately must call it, right?

Turn: (10 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Great card, giving me trips. SB checks after he 3-bet flop. smells like flush draw but could have also had bottom 2 pair. Easy bet here.

River: (14 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, CO folds.

3rd spade hits and SB wakes back up on the river. I felt sure he had the flush and was also concerned that one of the players left to act may raise with a flush but should I fold trips in a big pot for 1 bet here?

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has 6s Qs (flush, king high).
Hero has Ts 8d (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: SB wins 16 BB. </font>
Old 11-26-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Call this 2+2\'er down?

I fold the flop, but certainly call the river.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Call this 2+2\'er down?

For future reference, don't include results when you ask this question. It skews the results.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:41 AM

Default I confess (I think)

I'm pretty sure I was the other player in the hand (I'm at "real" home for Thanksgiving, not college, so no PT stats). If I were you, I would definitely call me down. I'm laying you such sweet pot odds even though I have a textbook flush draw. I 3-bet the flop for value, but check called the turn. I think you played it well.