Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 03:30 AM

Default 3 hands + a few questions

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

I'm scared of the flush, crazy two pair, and to some extent JT

River: (8.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

My main question here is about the turn/river play. I have a feeling I should have just called it down, but the set on the river made me scared of only the flush. Where was my line incorrect on this hand?

My next hand is mildly embarassing, but I still have a few questions about it.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

At this point, should I have folded to the 3-bet? I wasn't quite sure what to do.

Flop: (14 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Was this raise okay considering the 3-bet?

Turn: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

I don't really know what I'm doing at this point as you can probably tell. I'm scared of AQ or AK, so I'm too scared to bet, but the pot seems to big to lay down the aces. Something tells me I should've bet again; am I correct?

River: (14 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

My next hand really confused me, and any help as to where I messed up and how would be good, thanks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Thanks for any help, guys.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:37 AM

Default Re: 3 hands + a few questions

hand 1 - river, mp3 checks, hero bets, mp3 raises, hero calls. can't believe he check/raised the turn on you. i think i'd fall for it too when i hit that set of aces. i'd bet, he'd raise, i'd call. sucks but he laid the trap at tbe perfect time. does anybody check that river through?

hand 2 - bet the turn

hand 3 - looks good, people will probably tell you to raise pf, but i think checking is good against 4 limpers.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:15 PM

hand 1: if you're still scared of the flush and straight, why are you 3 betting after he raised you? I think the ace makes it too hard to check it through for a free show down, but 3 betting is just silly on that board.

hand 2: bet the turn, generally it takes a better hand to call than it does to bet. He didn't raise you on the flop so there's a good chance you still have the best hand, maybe he was raising pre flop with JJ or QQ. If he raises you here you can go into call down mode or let the hand go (read dependent)

hand 3: you played it fine. If the guy was passive about his AQ then he saved you bets.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:18 PM

hand 1: Looks like he got his flush or straight. I call the raise on the river, as the ace doesn't scare him.

hand 2: I bet the turn to see if he raises his AK/AQ. Call a raise and check/call the river unimproved.

hand 3: I don't know that I 3-bet the flop. Did you lose to quad 5s? It doesn't appear that he got value with his good hand. Minus the 3-bet on the flop, I play this the same way.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:46 PM

Welcome to the forums.

In the future please don't plunk multiple hands in one post. It's kind of a lot to take. Also, reads on your opponents are very valuable.

Hand 1: Fine

Hand 2: PF Why would you want to fold you strong hand for 1 bet? I think it is virtually never correct to fold for 1 bet PF when you have already called opr raised. The only question is weather you should re-raise or just call. In this case, calling is correct. Flop The raise was absolutely correct. Turn Don't get all weak now, bet that turn! That 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is the blankest of blank cards. It didn't help anybody. You still have the best hand, or else your opponents are playing thier hands very poorly. River Bet, obviously.

Hand 3: PF RAISE! You have so much pot equity edge, just checking through is a big mistake. You must leverage your edge and the fact that you have so many opponents playing bad cards. KQo is a raising hand pretty much all the time PF. All the more so in this situation! Flop Good. But reads would be very helpful now. You need to know your opponents. Turn &amp; river Good. If you lost this hand, your opponents probably misplayed before and after the flop. Next hand.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:56 PM

hand 3 - looks good, people will probably tell you to raise pf, but i think checking is good against 4 limpers.

This cannot be correct. Against 4 opponents, KQo has about 30% equity in the pot, which is a huge edge! Nobody has shown any particular strength. We have no particular reason to think KQ is behind. With an equity edge, you MUST raise. If you are checking through becasue you are afrais of being drawn out, then you are playing scared. Push your edges!