Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 02:50 AM

Default Poker in New Orleans -- is there really PLO?

I'm wondering what sorts of games actually run in New Orleans.

Pokerpages makes claims that PLO is spread at Harrah's, and I'm especially wondering if that's true.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Poker in New Orleans -- is there really PLO?

I was just down there last month. Harrahs spreads 3-6 HE, 6-12HE, 10-20HE and a 5-5 NL game that looked tantalizingly soft. Unfortunately the wait at all these tables was tremendous, unless you wanted to play 3-6 (not for me, thanks). I waited 2+ hrs for a seat at the 5-5 game as the 3rd person on the list, and then gave up when the list had only moved one person in that time frame.

As for omaha there was a 5-10 kill game but it definitely wasn't PL.

As for the room, although I didnt play I dont recommend the room because its right in the middle of the gaming floor and thus is very loud and poorly lit. Also although they have Borgata-like poker software you can hardly hear them call names off the list, and it looked like many tables went long periods with empty seats becasue the floor didnt know the table was open.

Good luck in the Big Easy, but the restaurant scene is much better than the poker scene IMO.

The Doc
Old 11-26-2004, 10:58 AM

Thanks for the info. Sounds like we might be able to pass on the gambling, and stay right with the food and booze then [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2004, 06:51 AM

went this past friday 8pm, seated on the 5-5 NL must move table instantly. bought in for $500, there is no max, soft game, hit some cards up to $1600 in about 90 minutes. Game very loose. Main table seemed to be rich local business men. large stacks and loose. $30 pre flop raises called by 4 players regularly. smokey and noisy but a very friendly and loose game with a lot of money flowing around, bring a big bankroll. At the main table some players will have $2,000 to $10,000 on the table, most have $400 to $1000. there was talk of a $14,000 pot between two players at the table a few weeks ago, guy who lost that pot did not seem as if it dented his bankroll. Very good game.

Do not play omaha, but there was a loose 15-30 Omaha going.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:32 AM

Played @ Harrahs New Orleans about 1 month ago on a weekend.
5-5 NL had 1-2 tables going, good games but the max rake is $5.
There was PL Omaha High but I didn't play and don't know what the stack sizes or play quality were.
They had various holdem and omaha high only limit games up to 15-30 or 20-40, including some half holdem half omaha.