Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 05:09 PM

Default PS REBUY HAND... HOW TO GET MOST VALUE?

This hand came up at about the end of the second hour in the Rebuy Tourney last night. I had been at the same table with the other two guys in this pot the entire night. Sorry I have not figured out the cool hand history thing yet.
400/800 Blinds

Hero(18,000 app.) is in BB with KK
UTG (42,000 app.) is UTG. Raises to 2,400.
CO. (2300) Calls.

Hero reraises to 6,000. UTG sits for a few seconds and calls.

FlOP 5,3,3 Rainbow.

Hero checks. UTG bets 3,000. Hero Raises 14,000 and is allin.

UTG folds.

My reads were that he was a pretty solid player and had not played a lot of hands. I figured he had a big pair also or at worst AK, but more than likely queens or jacks. I had not had very many playable hands. In the first two hours, so I had a super tight image.

when he raised UTG. I wanted to be able to get all of my money in the middle. I am not worried about being out flopped or allowing to stay in the hand and hit a set or hitting an ace, because at best he has three outs and I will take my chances with that.

MY reraise preflop from a player with my image gave away my hand strength. Should I have just called and then check the flop. If I do that he may figure I have AK and push in an effort to run my off my hand. What do you guys think? How would You have Played this?

After He folded, He told me he had QQ.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Re: PS REBUY HAND... HOW TO GET MOST VALUE?

I like your idea about calling pf and taking advantage of the fact he villian thinks he can push you off of a hand. I'd reraise most of the time though. With that flop i would definitely just call the bet. If he checks to you on the turn, i'd bet 7000. Make him pay you off on the installment plan. 7000 on the turn, 7000 on the river. I think you can slow down here and milk it.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:27 PM

I'd call the flop and go for the check/raise on the turn. If he does bet out on the turn and you push he'll almost have to call.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:55 PM

The minreraise and subsequent checkraise gives away your hand to the point where I'd probably fold the other kings here.

I would make a weak, AKish lead on the flop (maybe that same 3K) and push or checkraise the turn after a long pause if I was called.