Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 01:49 PM

Default PokerView - Color coded stats

sup all, i am just curious as to what everyone is doing with there stats and how they are color coding them. i know green is fishy yellow is average and red is solid but what parameters are u guys using to judge wheather someone is solid or fishy can anyone give me there info on VP $ IP, pfr, flop agg. turn agg. river agg. im assuming for aggro it would be 0-2 green, 1-3 yellow, 3+ red? i hope im making myself clear i realize im not the most articulate of posters [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] anyway thanks for the help
Old 11-21-2004, 05:30 PM

Default Re: PokerView - Color coded stats

I've been using Orange for average, instead of yellow, but here's what i'm doing for VP$IP, PFR & Aggro

Green - VPIP>30
PFR < 5
Aggro < 1

Orange VPIP b/n 20-30
PFR > 10
Aggro b/n 1-2

Red VPIP < 20
PFR b/n 5-10
Aggro > 2

Feedback is appreciated.

Freakin
Old 11-21-2004, 05:30 PM

I only color code VPIP but mine is 0-30,30-50,50+ This is for .5/1 At other limits I'm sure the ranges can move down some.

~CT
Old 11-21-2004, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sup all, i am just curious as to what everyone is doing with there stats and how they are color coding them. i know green is fishy yellow is average and red is solid but what parameters are u guys using to judge wheather someone is solid or fishy can anyone give me there info on VP $ IP, pfr, flop agg. turn agg. river agg. im assuming for aggro it would be 0-2 green, 1-3 yellow, 3+ red? i hope im making myself clear i realize im not the most articulate of posters [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] anyway thanks for the help

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the opposite colors for aggression stats. Red for passive players and green for aggro players. If a passive player is betting at me, then I "stop" with a marginal hand but if their aggression is in the double-digits, I "go".

Essentially I try to set up all of the stats so that the redder they appear, the more likely it is that they have a very strong hand. Green across the board means they'll play crap, and bet with crap.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:13 PM

A very good question, and one I spent some time pondering myself. I actually went a bit crazy with the colors. In my case, colors range from Green>Yellow>Orange>Red If something is very unusual (Preflop raise% out of a typical range), it gets a BLUE color so I know this is a unique situation. I also have the Total Hands number scale up from a dark gray to white as it becomes more meaningful.

Here is what I'm using below... I'd appreciate feedback

VPIP =
0-15 Red
15-30 Orange
30-40 Yellow
40-100 Green

Pre flop raise
0-2 Green
2-5 Yellow
5-10 Red
>10 Blue (Very Aggressive, take note)

Average Aggression
0-1 Green
1-2 Yellow
2-3 Orange
3-4 Red
>4 Blue (Very Aggressive)

Went to Showdown
0-15 Red
15-30 Orange
30-45 Yellow
> 45 Green

Won at SD%
0-20 Green
20-35 Yellow
35-50 Orange
>50 Red

Net Profit
>0 = Red
<0 = Green

-Aces_McCoy
Old 11-21-2004, 10:17 PM

Interesting idea with the passive players being red instead of green. I see what you are saying. Problem is, when I'm looking for a table to join, I like having passive players show up as green. (Along with VPIP and Net Profit showing green for fish as well.)

If the table has a lot of green, I want to join it.

-M