Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 03:04 AM

Default 99, When to slow down...

Pacific 0.10/0.20 9-handed
Hero is UTG with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pre-flop:
Hero <font color="red"> raises </font> , UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop [7 players] (7 BB): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, Hero <font color="red"> bets </font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="red"> Betting out on the flop is correct, is it not? </font>

Turn [5 players] (9.5 BB): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, Hero <font color="red"> bets </font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="red"> I am likely beat by someone who hit their overcards, but I haven't faced any resistance yet, so is it correct to bet out?</font>

River [3 players] (12.5 BB) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets, BB calls, Hero <font color="red"> raises </font>, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="red"> I was pretty sure that SB would not bet out with a J. Still, was it too aggressive to raise with just 99? </font>

Final Pot: 18.5 BB
Results: SB wins 18.5 BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> I really wasn't sure when to slow down with an unimproved pocket pair, especially against passivity. Was the river play a big mistake? </font>
Old 11-21-2004, 03:42 AM

Default Re: 99, When to slow down...

pf is fine, flop is fine. Turn depends on the table for me, sometimes I make this bet, sometimes I don't. Raising the river is bad. SB coming alive when another J hits, and the BB calling before you. I'd probably fold since I don't like overcalling in that situation.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:02 AM

Default Re: 99, When to slow down...

I would bet the flop and then when the J comes on the turn I get ready to check and fold. Although you did get two folds on the turn, the odds of none of your opponents having a J or an A and that they are just calling you down with nothing is pretty slim. If you had less callers, I might consider betting the turn.

Cheers,
Pots