Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2004, 12:15 AM

Default Book Group Formation: Ciaffone and Reuben: Pot Limit and No Limit

I am interested in starting a book group to review the key points of this book. All levels are welcome.

Please PM me or reply to this thread if you are interested. I would like this to start in the beginning of December.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Book Group Formation: Ciaffone and Reuben: Pot Limit and No Limit

I'm interested. I think it's a great book, and I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it yet.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:29 AM

I have the book, but put it aside for now. If we do this group slowly... then count me in. Its first time for me!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 03:00 AM

Just so you know our little book club we've been running in this forum has the SSHE read through planned for the same time. This one seemed to have a wide audience and I'd hate to clash with yours. Would you wanna postpone yours until after we're through SSHE so that people who want to participate in both can do so? If not that's your choice just wanted to point out this option.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:25 AM

How does a book group work?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:15 AM

I would like to be included in this please.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:17 PM

First, I don't mean to clash with your group idea. I wouldn't start mine until 2 weeks from now, to give everyone a chance to get the book.

Second, this book deals with NL, and SSHE deals with limit. I don't think there would be a huge conflict in who would be interested.

Third, your group could review this book later, since limit is usually a good practice for NL.

Ideally, if you are going to be doing this, I would like you to have at least a decent grasp of poker in general, and ideally have played some NL. If you are a limit player and are looking to transition, this is fine. The main thing I want to do is find the most important topics from each essay in the book, and make sure it is clear.

When is your SSHE book group going to be finished? I would like to start Jan 1 at the latest.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, I don't mean to clash with your group idea. I wouldn't start mine until 2 weeks from now, to give everyone a chance to get the book.

Second, this book deals with NL, and SSHE deals with limit. I don't think there would be a huge conflict in who would be interested.

Third, your group could review this book later, since limit is usually a good practice for NL.

Ideally, if you are going to be doing this, I would like you to have at least a decent grasp of poker in general, and ideally have played some NL. If you are a limit player and are looking to transition, this is fine. The main thing I want to do is find the most important topics from each essay in the book, and make sure it is clear.

When is your SSHE book group going to be finished? I would like to start Jan 1 at the latest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh I'm convinced, don't bother pushing yours back purely for that reason. I think you're actually probably right that most people won't be too conflicted over which one they'd want to read. So good luck with your group. I'll prob be reading along, as I'd definitely like to learn a thing or two about NL and PL play. I'm guessing you're pretty experienced at NL play, would you say that this book is the best one to get to learn how to play NL and PL better?
Old 11-18-2004, 11:16 PM

I've heard it is (until the two new books come out). Super System is fairly good, but is easily beatable.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:38 PM

i want in.. PM me details