Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 09:47 AM

Default My last hand of the tourney-

Would appreciate input on this one.

Party Poker $30 +3 last night ..we are down to about 180 out of 1500..money starts at 130, but REAL money is top 5 or so. I am a little above avg with about $8,000 in chips.. just moved to a table with several big stacks at over 20k ..and a few my size ..no reads yet since i had been bounced to a few different tables, and had seen only one hand on this one..on to the hand

Blinds are at 300/600 I am on the button and have QQ ..there is one limper in EP, and a guy with about the same stack as me raises it to 1200 in middle position .. its folded to me , I reraise to 1800 ..everyone gets out of the way and I am heads up with the raiser. The flop comes 5,7,J rainbow ... "villain" thinks for awhile and pushes all in... I go all in myself , he shows me KK and i am out..

Should i have pushed ? i couldn't see folding Queens, but afterwards it occured to me that if he was willing to push with a Jack on board, he probably didn't fear JJ ..which puts him on QQ,KK AA , or a set ,and since I had 2 queens i can rule that... which means fold the Queens.. Is this way to tight a thought process for this stage of the tourney ?, or did i do the right thing pushing the pair of mop-squeezers, and just ran into a better hand.?...also, perhapsi should have just pushed pre-flop so he had no chance ot catch any cards.. Any insite would be appreciated.thanks
Old 11-17-2004, 12:31 PM

Default Re: My last hand of the tourney-

I would probably do the same thing and lose all my chips here... But if u thought about the situation a little more carefully then these can be the questions that can come to mind.

I've been moved table from table and didnt get any reads on any player and also they really have a read on u, so did he push to bully me out?.. Did he push with a great hand praying that u had a good hand?.. Since i reraised his bet preflop and he called me can he have a better than me?
Old 11-17-2004, 02:12 PM

i don't think there is any getting away from this cold decking if you plan on making it deep in the tourney......
Old 11-17-2004, 02:19 PM

1200 with a limper is an unusual raise. I would have made it 3500 to go. If he reraises, I'd consider folding with no read (not saying I'd fold, but at that point I'd consider it with the minimum raise after a limper then push). On the flop, I personally find it impossible to fold that hand on the undercard flop when the villain only called your preflop raise.

So, the only way I'd even CONSIDER folding that hand would be an all in reraise preflop... and quite frankly I'd call that without some type of read on the player.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1200 with a limper is an unusual raise. I would have made it 3500 to go. If he reraises, I'd consider folding with no read (not saying I'd fold, but at that point I'd consider it with the minimum raise after a limper then push).

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising to 3500 is almost half his stack. He would only need to call 4500 to win about 13500. Unless the guy flipped over AA or KK before calling, he would have to call here. But I agree that you do have to raise more preflop, somewhere between 3000-3500 and hope that he raises you allin.