Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 03:04 AM

Default Is PT + UB Really this annoying? Random useful utility..

So I was looking at making PV work with UB and I deposited 100 bucks and started to try to gather stats...oh wait...I have to do it all manually? Do people who play UB and use PT really deal with this? Jeez...

I'm not sure if a utility like this exists, I googled around and checked out the PT website and didn't find anything. If this exists, let me know I'll edit out the post and that will be that.

Anyhow I wrote a program this afternoon that scrapes the UB hand history windows and dumps them to a file per table ala PP's hhf files. These can be selected and import into PT, I know its not 100% automatic - but hey atleast its easier. I don't think PV would ever get compatibility with UB if I had to sit there and save hand histories manually to test.

If anyone wants it here's a copy of it. Pretty much same install requirements as PV. Its a really small app its not very featureful, and it never will be - its just meant as a usefull little tool.

Feel free to e-mail or PM me if you have trouble but I'm pretty swamped, and this is low priority [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also please please read the instructions before contacting me.

UB Scraper Install

Edit: I'm going to bed so if you're having trouble or want to flame me or something I won't see it till the morning. Sit tight.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Is PT + UB Really this annoying? Random useful utility..

Who are you Amir? Do you ever sleep or go to class?

I don't have anything else to say, I'm just impressed by your initiative is all.

I have some friends in IC, next time I'm there I'd love to get you a beer.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:18 AM

Hiya's

" So I was looking at making PV work with UB and I deposited 100 bucks and started to try to gather stats...oh wait...I have to do it all manually? Do people who play UB and use PT really deal with this? Jeez... "

Using PT with UB isn't all that annoying. I purchased PT while still playing on UB exclusively. The sequential numbering of each hand is VERY helpful. So much so, that I wish other Poker Rooms would adopt it as well.

Biggest problem I had was needing MS Excel, which I now own also. No, I don't see the problem with PT with UB.

You deposited $100 just to use PT with Ultimate Bet ?

Regards,
Billy Zee
Old 11-17-2004, 11:32 AM

Haha feel free I'm always up for a beer.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:33 AM

Do you multi table Billy? I just couldn't see doing that for every long without losing it but thats me personally.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:36 PM

The problem with the UB hand history window is that the increment arrow "get's stuck" after a few hands.

Lost Wages
Old 11-17-2004, 12:45 PM

Thats why I don't use the arrow [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Probably the coolest thing about this program imo is to open up a hand history window and set the number in the box back like, 300 hands - then start up UB Scraper. Because it will get all of those hand histories sequentially until UB says there are no more hand histories to be had. Its pretty cool because you can get a lot of data on who's playing at a table pretty quick.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:10 PM

I play UB and do the manual hand histories. I will have to try out your program tonight. I don't usually play more than 2 tables on UB so clicking a button once a hand isn't a big issue. And what I normally do when I 1st get at a table is get the previous 25 or 30 hands.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 11-17-2004, 01:57 PM

Hmmm...are you saying that your program increments the hand number for you? Could you explain exactly what it does in more detail?

Lost Wages
Old 11-17-2004, 03:52 PM

Well if you'll download it there is a readme file that explains everything in pretty good detail.

But BASICALLY it gets all hands that exist past the current hand number listed in the text box towards the bottom of the hand history window. Once a minute. And then it logs them all to a text file in the current directory. This can then be imported manually into PT.

So it does all the steps you would be doing, ie incrementing the value and going file->save. Thats automatic now.