Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 04:52 PM

Default Poker Salary

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on what the best way to withdraw money from your bankroll as a kind of "salary". Once my bankroll gets large enough to play a certain level, I would like to take a "salary" out of my bankroll on a regular basis.

Originally, I was thinking that I would take out however much was in my BR over 300BB every two weeks. It was brought to my attention that this might be a bad idea, as it might really hurt my BR during a downswing. Would this be a better idea if it were monthly?

Another thought I had was to take out a BB for each hour played during a two-week or month period. This could still be a problem during a downswing it seems though.

Anybody care to share their thoughts on these methods or share their own methods for "withdrawing money" from their bankroll?
Old 11-16-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Poker Salary

i think if you left 400bb in your account and cashed out every other week you'd be more than fine.

harry
Old 11-16-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Poker Salary

You just need to budget properly. Decide what your minimum requirement for a bankroll is, and don't let it get below that due to a withdrawal. THen decide if you need regular withdrawals, or more of a "dividend" payment to reward yourself once you get over a certain amount.

Because I live off my winnings, I make a regular withdrawal every 2 weeks. THis covers our living expenses. THen we make the extra withdrawals when the bankroll exceeds a certain number. THis can happen anytime.