Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2004, 12:09 AM

Default Clumsy Waiter: Pop On the Flop? (or the turn?)

(The title of the post is because I flopped treys...)

Live 2/4 @ Hollywood Park (where the button is also a small blind, the $1 going into the jackpot drop), 7-handed

Table is pretty wild and loose; CO to my left only raises PF when he's in the BB, and he'll do it with almost any 2 cards, it seems (but he's not a factor in this hand); everyone else seems like normal calling stations or a bit LAGgy at times.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, button completes, SB completes, BB checks

Flop (6.5 sb): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets </font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises </font>, CO folds, button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls

Turn (8.25 BB): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets, Hero raises </font>, button folds, BB folds, MP1 calls

River (12.25 BB): A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets, Hero raises </font>, MP1 calls

What's the deal with MP1's stop-and-go-then-stop-again?
Anyone wait for the turn to pop this?
How's the river raise?
Old 11-15-2004, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Clumsy Waiter: Pop On the Flop? (or the turn?)

Nice hand.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the deal with MP1's stop-and-go-then-stop-again?
Anyone wait for the turn to pop this?
How's the river raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I don't know. There's a huge range of hands this guy could have. I'd guess he's got no better than two pair though.
2. Yes. This hand screams for a slowplay IMO. There aren't many turn cards here that hurt you here.
3. I really like the river raise. You're ahead here way more than you're behind.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:01 AM

good hand joker. way to keep pushing him.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:41 AM

Default RESULTS on TILT

[ QUOTE ]
good hand joker. way to keep pushing him.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I wish you guys were right. This is the hand that put me on tilt for the rest of the evening. (Luckily I was smart enough to leave shortly thereafter).

Would you believe that MP1 turned over THE STONE COLD NUTS... 75s? Not only did he merely call my raise with the absolute nuts on the turn, but he just called my river raise with the absolute nuts. Can he not read the board? After his play here, how in the *WORLD* can I think he has 75? I'd much rather have lost to a set of 8s or 6s than this fcukin' bull$h!t.

I started to think that maybe I should have given him credit for betting into me on the turn after I raised the flop, and then again for betting into me on the river -- but jesus...
Old 11-15-2004, 02:43 AM

Default Re: RESULTS on TILT

I started to think that maybe I should have given him credit for betting into me on the turn after I raised the flop, and then again for betting into me on the river -- but jesus...

Take a day off, come back, read this post and realize how stupid this sounds.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:46 AM

Pop it like it's HAWT!

I probably play it the same. On the river, it's like wtf, he could have 44 or 57, but f that.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:49 AM

We're you playing edtost?
Old 11-15-2004, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Take a day off, come back, read this post and realize how stupid this sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it sounds stupid, and obviously I didn't choose to follow that line of thinking. But after the hand was over I had to go through clues that this guy had a straight -- especially because the CO maniac to my left said "he came out swinging on the turn; didn't you put him on a straight?" (My answer: "uh, no").

Anyway, my thinking during the hand was that the ace helped him on the river and that's why he bet into me (maybe he had A8 or A6 and just got aces up), and were this hand to come up again I'll still go with that instinct and keep pushing this. I'll never put this guy on 75. Still, the hand burns me and I had to say that just to open up discussion on what possible clues there were.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:02 AM

Dude, don't let this burn you. Seriously. Things happen in poker a lot worse than this. Be positive.