Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 09:09 PM

Default weak tight or right?

been running ice cold lately. seeing like 10% of flops, making like 1BB/100. the fact that i've raised like 10 hands in my last 1000 is making me delusional. maybe this hand is uninteresting, but everyone folds here right?

PP 2/4NL 6max
I have ~400
everyone relevant has me covered

all players except SB are good, im getting ready to leave as the last fish has busted and i know 2 these guys (EP, EP+1) are better than me.

I'm on button with red 9's

EP opens for 15, EP+1 calls, CO calls, I call, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (75 or so)
4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, EP bets 50, EP+1 calls, CO makes it 125, I fold.

I can't imagine a situation in which i'm ahead here, plus i'm prety sure everything's going in if i want to find out. gotta muck, right?

fim
Old 11-13-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Re: weak tight or right?

yea unfortunately a muck is definitely in order. i also appluad your discipline to pass especially while running cold. some might just push and pray here. theres just too much action. youre probably up against a flush draw+overcards and at worst your against a bigger pair or a set.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:39 PM

Yeah, gotta muck it. With a bet (from original raiser) and a call and then the raise in front of you, you have to lay it down.
I think an interesting question would be what would you do if CO folds? I'd be inclined to raise then (although the caller could be pushing to your raise with suited overcards - which you'd be ahead of, but not a favorite)...
Old 11-14-2004, 01:03 AM

yea. easy muck. much more difficult to decide what to do if CO folds. it is still really often a fold.