Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 11:19 AM

Default ps 10,000. rebuy or no?

with the amount of money in the tourney and the crazies during the first hour, do you:

A) play top ten hands only during first hour and never rebuy or add-on

B) play top ten hands only during first hour but always rebuy and add-on

C) play some lower stuff (maybe to 25 hands in position) especially against the crazies and be willing to rebuy 2 or three time when you take bad beats. If so, and assuming you are a quality player that is capable of making the deep money if you get cards, how many time are you willing to rebuy?

Just wondering what people think.

Ryan
Old 11-13-2004, 11:48 AM

Default Re: ps 10,000. rebuy or no?

I really do need a reply. will someone please answer the survey and explain your answer.

Thanks, ryan
Old 11-13-2004, 12:02 PM

Ryan,

I play this quite a bit looser during the first hour in attempt to accumulate chips. Especially the first 15 minutes.

I think you rebuy right away up to 3k, so you can truly double through some other loose players if you do get your monster early.

I play alot of hands cheaply preflop (No raises), but if I see raises, I'll get outta the hand cheaply. Try to hit your monster and then get paid off.

Always Add On. Dont enter a rebuy if you are not willing to continue to rebuy through the entire rebuy period. If you do not want to rebuy at all, play very tight.

Lastly, do not be disturbed if you leave the rebuy period with your 3k chips and 2k add on. There are so many chips and poor players around in these, that starting post-rebuy with 5k is not much of a disadvantage. Most of the times I've gone deep its when i left rebuy with under 7k.

Nick
Old 11-13-2004, 02:04 PM

Definitely rebuy right away to start with 3000 chips. I don't believe you should play recklessly but definitely take some more chance when in position seeing cheap flops in an unraised pot.

Pay very close attention to the players who are playing extremely loose and don't be afraid to push when you think you have the best hand because you will get called a lot by players holding 2nd best or marginal hands looking to get lucky.

If your stack is around average or below you should definiely add on since your add on chips are worth more and if you happen to have a monster stack then its really up to you if you feel the extra chips is worth the extra money.

Finally, 4-5,000 is still more than enough to be successful in this tourny because there will be so many bad players coming out of the rebuy period who got lucky early that you will have plenty of opportunities to accumulate their chips.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:08 PM

Default thanks for the advice

Again, thanks.

so, say you take a not just one but two or three bad beats. I won't bore you with details, but last night my A,A my AK and My KK all in the first hour got busted. I had spent 51 total and when the KK got busted I called it a night. partly a worry about tilt and partly because I figured 60 buck just wasn't worth the chance of making it back. good idea or should I have been willing to rebuy?

Ryan
Old 11-13-2004, 04:18 PM

Default Re: thanks for the advice

I said it before, and I'll repeat it. If you are not going to play out a rebuy tourney until the end of the rebuy, you should not enter at all. Because there are chances you'll see more "bad beats" during that hour, with lots of people going in with mediocre hands. But that's life.

Rebuy, and make notes of how people play, and take their chips once the rebuy period is over.

Nick
Old 11-13-2004, 04:27 PM

Default Re: thanks for the advice

One thing I would really keep in mind is that many many many players that play that event play SOOOOOOO much differently in the first hour than they do in the rounds to come after the rebuy. So for example, if you've got a read that a player is a complete maniac in the first hour don't stake everything you've got on that read as it might be way off. I would also like to say that if you are playing in a rebuy event you should absolutely not leave the tournament in the first hour nor should you have less than 5k going into the second hour. Hope this helps bro. GL