Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you worried at all about the series with the Red Sox now?
F*%K NO! Them bean-eaters are just giving us more season to love. 5 23.81%
Nah. We'se gots Geetur, we should be ok. 4 19.05%
Eh, some, but I'm sure well spank Pedro. 3 14.29%
I'm pissing my pants here! 9 42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2004, 07:03 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default So will CBS fire someone over phony document-gate?

CBS fires Producer for Arafat Program Interruption

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - CBS News has fired the producer responsible for interrupting the last five minutes of a hit crime drama with a special report on the death of Palestinian President Yasser Arafat, a network source said on Friday. more.........

Will they drop the ball on the real screw up they made this year?
Old 11-13-2004, 08:48 AM

Default Re: So will CBS fire someone over phony document-gate?

Around the same time someone gets fired for the Iraq WMD Abu Ghraib post-conflict disaster fiasco.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:57 AM

Nicky, would you agree that going to jail is a wee bit more harsh than being fired?

How many of the prisoner abuse culprits have gone to jail? At least one, if not more.

Therefore, since a crime was committed at CBS, someone should spend some time in jail.
Old 11-13-2004, 03:18 PM

Texas Pimp-
don't you think that starting a war on incorrect intelligence that has taken the lives of anywhere from 10,000-100,000 people is a wee bit worse than reporting on an incorrect story?
Isn't beating and abusing captives a wee bit worse as well?
Old 11-13-2004, 03:41 PM

I agree on all accounts tolbiny. However, Nicky specifically said the Abu Gharib prison scandal, not going to war. The prison abuse is being dealt with, albeit not as fast as some would like. Also, if we are going to start prosecuting leaders for going to war on incorrect intelligence/circumstances, are we going to look at all wars/conflicts, or just Iraq?
Old 11-13-2004, 03:51 PM

"However, Nicky specifically said the Abu Gharib prison scandal, not going to war."

I think Nicky said something like the Iraq WMD ABU Garib post war mess- which i took to mean the whole frickin shabang of crap that goes on.

"Also, if we are going to start prosecuting leaders for going to war on incorrect intelligence/circumstances, are we going to look at all wars/conflicts, or just Iraq?"

Your goddamn right we should be looking into every war. I understand that doing so is tricky because the decision to go to war has many pros and cons and a leader shouldn't be fearfull that a boarderline decision could land him in prison thus sacrificing our national security.
On the other hand i have long ago stopped believing that attacking Iraq was a difficult decision for the administration and that they had their sights set on it for a while. People in power should be scrutinized to a higher degree as their decisions affect many more lives in many more serious ways than the average person. This is why i had little probelm with the depth and scope of the Clinton probe. Again on the other hand once they found out that all he lied about was getting ahummer and that no one was actually hurt (outside of the embarresment factor) the whole thing should have been dropped.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:37 PM

Tolbiny,

You've got it backwards on Clinton. You should have been mad as hell at the depth and scope of the investigations...Clinton should NEVER have been required to testify while in office (nor should things that happened before he was in office had been probed while he was in office). The office of the presidency is WAY more important than the trial in which he was forced to testify or things like Arkansas land deals. However, after he lied under oath (a VERY stupid thing for him to do by the way) I completely understand the calls for his impeachment. It's not what he lied about that mattered...it's that he lied under oath.

As for CBS, as my wife (a liberal mind you) puts it - they're a 4th rate news organization anyways. Who cares if they fire anyone...no one believes their stories anyways. Their credibility is shot and they didn't even manage to get their guy elected.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Let\'s bring up a non sequiter instead of answering the question

SOP don't like the question, change the subject.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Around the same time someone gets fired for the Iraq WMD Abu Ghraib post-conflict disaster fiasco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you missed the news? We fired Saddam some time ago. The UN Secretary General is next.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:21 PM

You might have a point if it was just the USA that got it wrong. However, British, Egyptian, Jordanian and Russian intelligence all said he had WMDs or WMD capability. Even Clinton's administration said that.

Why is it, though, that everyone forgets the real reason Iraq was invaded? Remember 13 years ago when he signed the cease-fire accords after invading and subjugating Kuwait? Guess what, he never lived up to the agreements he made and we have 17 violated UN resolutions to show for it. If you want to make analogies, would you want to send a murderer to house arrest and just watch as he repeatedly violates the terms given to him?