Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 10:53 PM

Default Am I really almost 100-1 favorite on this flop?

Sorry if this goes somewhere else, and yes I did get sucked out...
Live 3/6 play at Artichoke Joes. Loose passive table, I am up a lot (~50BBs in 2.5 hours)...
Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

MP raises, 2 cold call to hero, hero 3 bets raises. MP, 2 LPs and Button call. Button is old lady villian, plays like an old lady !!! 11 SBs

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. What a monstor. Hero checks, MP bets, MP2folds, Button calls, hero raises, MP and button call. At this point I am sure I am ahead and am already stacking my chips [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] 8.5 BBs

Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Check check, hero bets, MP folds villian calls 10.5 BBs

River: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...Hero bets and cringes as old lady raises, hero calls and figure he got sucked out...

Results: Villian has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and MHING. I still leave up 35BBs in 3 hours but then I wonder, with my heart outs did I really get sucked out by about a 98 to 1 shot after the flop? If so, wow, I'll play this one all day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Did I calculate this right?
Old 11-10-2004, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Am I really almost 100-1 favorite on this flop?

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ah Jh 966 97.58 24 2.42 0 0.00 0.976
8c 7c 24 2.42 966 97.58 0 0.00 0.024 </pre><hr />
Old 11-10-2004, 11:09 PM

Thats what I thought...oh well, such is life at 3/6 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 12:40 AM

now i remember why its not impossible to beat the rake in live 3/6.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:52 AM

If I ever go on a murderous rampage, a hand like this will probably be what sets me off.

Looking past the PF call, even before I knew how to play Texas Hold Em, I can't fathom looking at a flop like that, and finding any inkling of hope that my hand had a chance. How can people be that stupid? *sigh* Poor old lady.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:59 AM

Here's my favorite OLD LADY hand from probably last year, it made a long lasting impression.
Sadly mine is opposite of yours but at least, as stupid.

I raise PF with QQ
2 callers see this flop:

Q66

I bet, OL calls, guy in the middle raises, I reraise, OL calls 2 more bets.

Turn and river result in 1 bet each by me, both called by OL [old lady] and guy folds on river, he admitted to me he was semi-bluffing a backdoor str8 draw. (bad enough?)
Final Board is: Q66-J-3

Old lady turns over, and I wish I was lying: 22

A friend was with me, and we couldn't help but laugh out loud a little bit, to put it mildly.

This was 2-6 spread at Excalibur and every bet was $6 mentioned above.

Anyone ever call down that much action with 22? Even if shitfaced, I couldn't see myself doing that.

-Bri
Old 11-11-2004, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I raise PF with QQ
2 callers see this flop:

Q66

I bet, OL calls, guy in the middle raises, I reraise, OL calls 2 more bets.

Turn and river result in 1 bet each by me, both called by OL [old lady] and guy folds on river, he admitted to me he was semi-bluffing a backdoor str8 draw. (bad enough?)
Final Board is: Q66-J-3

Old lady turns over, and I wish I was lying: 22

A friend was with me, and we couldn't help but laugh out loud a little bit, to put it mildly.

This was 2-6 spread at Excalibur and every bet was $6 mentioned above.

Anyone ever call down that much action with 22? Even if shitfaced, I couldn't see myself doing that.

-Bri

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nothing, people call down with underpairs the whole time.

I know people say that 2+2ers can be a little harsh but, frankly, you're a dick for laughing at any opponent for playing badly.

I don't know if that it was an old lady makes it worse, there's not really any reason that it should, but you're still a dick.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:13 AM

Yeah, that really is nothing. I see people call a final bet when their low PP doesn't even play on the board.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:18 AM

Yeah, that really is nothing. I see people call a final bet when their low PP doesn't even play on the board.

Yeah, happened to me tonight:

Both opponents were very loose and seemingly randomly aggressive. Perhaps more than usual against me because I'm not getting out of line as it won't achieve much here.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Results below:
MP2 has 3d 4d (two pair, aces and nines).
Hero has Th Jh (two pair, aces and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.75 BB.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:29 AM

um his 4 played.