Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Books on internet play

[*]How to Conquer Online Poker (dvd) Chris Moneymaker, Lee Jones, and Tom McEvoy[*]Internet Poker: How to Play and Beat Online Poker Games Lou Krieger and Kathleen Keller Watterson[*]Internet Texas Hold’em: Winning Strategies from an Internet Pro Matthew Hilger[*]Killer Poker Online: Crushing the Internet Game John Vorhaus

Any other books out there on online play? Witch of these should I get... if any?
Old 11-10-2004, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Books on internet play

i haven't read any of those...read Small Stake Holdem by Ed Miller...
Old 11-11-2004, 03:11 AM

I wouldn't worry about getting an 'internet' book - the principles don't change. Just get the best book for your level. That being said, Hilger's book is probably the best 'starting' book for limit hold 'em (notice I didn't say 'beginner' book - it's not a spoon fed 'for dummies' book, by any means). He does have some tips as to how people play different on the internet, and some comments on internet tells. I haven't read the others, but I've heard nothing good about them.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:53 AM

Hiya's,

I own Lou Kriegers and Matthew Hilgers books. Read section on Hold'em in Mr. Kriegers and would only recommend it for basic strategy now. ITH is a very good book and I'd highly recommend it.
I own SSH by Ed Miller, Davis Sklansky and Mason Malmuth as well. I have heard good things about it from Beginners and more experienced players alike. I'm not reading it at present though. There will be a discussion of the book after ITH discussion. You could hold off buying til then.

Regards,
Billy Zee