Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2004, 11:29 AM

Default pokerroom vs party?

Hi all

I was wondering if any of you guys have ever played on pokerroom? I've played the 2-4 and 3-6 there for about a year now making a little bit of money. Recently while lurking these forums however, I've started wondering if the games at party and empire are much better.

A lot of comments in different threads seem to indicate that the players on party are much worse than on other sites. Does this also apply for pokerroom?

Thanks in advance,
Tomahawk
Old 11-09-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: pokerroom vs party?

The competition at Pokerroom and Party at those levels is similar. At Party you have so many more tables to choose from though the rake is a little higher.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:35 PM

I've not played the 2/4 or 3/6 levels at Poker Room, so can't compare the quality of players between PR and the other sites you mentioned. Party (and skins) offers many more tables than PR. Pacific probably offers as many as PR, maybe more.

I'm currently playing more at Pacific to work off bonuses. It's not uncommon to see flop %'s over 60% at the 3/6 level at Pacific. Having said that, there are many downsides to Pacific - such as no player notes, can only play 1 table, no hand histories, etc.

Not sure how you've put up with PR's interface for nearly a year. No reason not to check out the various other sites. Many people here play at more than one site.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:23 PM

I'm not so sure that the flop percentages at Pacific are accurate. Over 11 days I kept a log of the table I was playing at and every 30 hands compared it to the percentage reported in the lobby. I simply recorded how many players were dealt in and then how many saw the flop so for 30 hands I might have had 285 players and 100 saw the flop. The results were: $2/4 Pacific reported 55% and my result was 36%, at $3/6 Pacific reported 51% and my result was 35%. Also as a side note in both cases about 35% of the hands had a preflop raise.