Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2004, 01:57 PM

Default Borgata 3-6 on Saturday 11/6

Here's a quick story from this past weekened of playing 3-6, let me know what you guys think.

I was having an alright day, up around 6BB after playing 1.5 hours at the Borg 3-6. This hand is not too important, but gives some background information on why I acted like I did. I'm in the SB and see AA. Everyone folds to the button, who raises, I reraise, the big blind calls, the button caps, we both call. (Important note : The big blind is about a 50 year old man who had a stack of silver dollars in front of him.)I end up flopping a set(Ac Jh 4d) and betting the set the whole way through. The button folds on the flop and its just me and the calling station known as the big blind. He calls my flop bet, he calls my turn(9d) bet, and raises me on the river(7d). He makes a 9 high flush on the river with, 2d3d.

I laugh, order another drink, and get ready for the next hand. He says, "You can't push me around, hahaha, you just can't do it. Not today, I'm lucky with my silver dollars."

I laugh once more.

About 2 hours later, as expected, this man is small stacked. I forget exactly what hand I had, but I remember flopping top two pair. He bets into me on the flop, I reraise, he calls, and we are heads up on the turn. He has one dollar chip left and those lovely stack of lucky silver dollars. The turn falls, filling my boat, and he says, "1 dollar all in". I look puzzled, smile at the man, and ask the dealer, "Don't those dollars play? I mean, they are table stakes". At this point, the man curses at me, "These are my lucky (censored) dollars. I'm not playing these". The dealer agrees, a floorperson is called, and the floorperson agrees. Long story short, I reraised him on the turn, and bet the river and about 15 of his lucky dollars were cashed into unlucky borgata 1 dollar chips.

He left the table outraged and once again, I laughed.

Am I a jerk?