Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 11:18 PM

Default Iffy ruling?

Home game (not mine), NLHE weekly tourney. No official "cards call themselves" rule established.

I'm dealt AK in EP and raise some unimportant amount; one caller. There's some betting and stuff, doesn't really matter...final board is 887tt. Showdown--villain announces 3 pair. I muck as he flips over 44 and I'm like, "WOAH, wait a minute!" but he quickly collects the pot stating that I mucked, too bad.

Is it too bad?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Iffy ruling?

[ QUOTE ]
Home game (not mine), NLHE weekly tourney. No official "cards call themselves" rule established.

I'm dealt AK in EP and raise some unimportant amount; one caller. There's some betting and stuff, doesn't really matter...final board is 887tt. Showdown--villain announces 3 pair. I muck as he flips over 44 and I'm like, "WOAH, wait a minute!" but he quickly collects the pot stating that I mucked, too bad.

Is it too bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it's too bad for you. you mucked too fast. i've done the same thing before (but not to "3 pair").

ten
Old 11-08-2004, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is it too bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, since you mucked it is too bad, but the guy's also an angle-shooting [censored].
Old 11-09-2004, 01:55 AM

I'm sorry, why is he "angle shooting"? There is no such thing as "3 pair".
Old 11-09-2004, 02:20 AM

I don't think the guy who called out "3 pair" is a bad guy, trying to get you to muck something. There really is no such thing as three pair. I have no clue why you'd muck your AK in that position.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:11 AM

I'd have to agree. It seems (without having seen it obviously) that he was teasing. In the future, just flip your cards immediatly and let "God sort it out". Once they;re tabled then it is cheating for anyone to take a pot that's yours.

Cody
Old 11-09-2004, 05:36 AM

Truly, why did you muck your hand when he said "3 pair?" I would have given the ole eyebrow, showdown and collect my pot.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:41 AM

Once you mucked you lost the hand, not to mention if your cards hit the muck pile then there would be no question, if they were in front of you in my home game we would have awarded you the hand..
Old 11-09-2004, 09:56 AM

I'd guess that he said "three pair" because he was disgusted that he got counterfeited, not because he was angle-shooting.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:34 PM

I know the guy; I don't think he was being an ass. I had never heard anyone call 3-pair before though...I guess I mucked in reaction to his so-called number 3 being higher than my number 2.