Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Some pokernow affiliate information

Here is some discussion via email with pokernow. I am not an affiliate there nor anywhere else. This was also not my email. The response came in two seperate emails.

Sent

Dear PokerNow,

Your webpage says you are paying 20% of WHAT YOU RECEIVE…and if you get 50%...they are thinking it is 10%...if you want me to, I will assure them you are paying the same method as other skins and as party itself…20% of GROSS RAKE, minus a proportional deduction for special promotions like deposit bonuses and sign up bonuses. If you could give me an EXAMPLE of some affiliate income and what is deducted, that would help.

Pokernow's response

Hi,

Yes a heard about this on the message boards. Not sure were they got any figures from though, but thats the internet - can't control it.

We have to pay party poker a licensing fee of sorts, to be able to share their player database. As such we do not get 100% of the total revenue. I am sure it is the same way at empire but of course I am not privy to the details. Having access to a large player database means new players will come and be retained.

For example, the "shark" promo was a custom one and that affiliate now makes huge revenue - so we know it can work out for everyone.

response 2

Hi,

Sorry for the delay but I had to get confirmation from all the owners on this one. Managements decision is to pay a full 20% from total GROSS player rake so there is no discounting because of our license fee. PokerNow will absorb this out of site profits. Please post this on all chat forums you frequent to clear up any mis-conceptions.
As an example:

For example purposes: Players total rake for month is $500 after 2,000 raked hands:

Affiliate earns 20% = $100 less $25 (50% of promotional item prize value of $50 at 2,000 hands) = $75 revenue for first month (assuming a special promotion is in effect) or $100 if none

Please e-mail me how you would like to proceed or if you want to clarify any other points.

All the best,

PokerNow

So as you can see shark is an affiliate and you are stuck with him which i think is 100% fair. He put up an investment and took the risk of everyone just hitting him for the bonus. IMO i think that those people who now would clear their registry and get a new account at pokernow are the scum in this situation.

Also for any affiliate at pokernow that is trying to tell you they only get 10% because it is 20% of pokernows total 50% they are lying to you. Pokernow is giving affiliates a full 20% regardless of their licensing fees.

rJ
Old 11-07-2004, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Some pokernow affiliate information

Yeah, but you overlook the fact that NEinstein (The "shark bonus guy) was purposefully deceitful about the code being linked to him, and him receiving a cut of the rake from the people that used it.

He's also been running around the forums trying to scare the [censored] out of people from signing up with other affiliates. So, I have a hard time feeling too bad for him.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was purposefully deceitful about the code being linked to him, and him receiving a cut of the rake from the people that used it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please show me a link or some proof that showed he was purposefully deceitful.

rJ
Old 11-07-2004, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but you overlook the fact that NEinstein (The "shark bonus guy) was purposefully deceitful about the code being linked to him, and him receiving a cut of the rake from the people that used it.

He's also been running around the forums trying to scare the [censored] out of people from signing up with other affiliates. So, I have a hard time feeling too bad for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I haven't been "running around the forums trying to scare the [censored] out people". I've been telling people what I had been told. Management of PokerNow had an original plan that subsequently changed. I was only notified of it after I questioned what people were saying on this board. Their policy changed. We're all better off with this change.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:45 PM

Im guessing that you being an affiliate there and him beating you to a large group of players is the reason you are so upset.

You yourself are a pokernow affiliate....click here to see

rJ
Old 11-07-2004, 10:51 PM

Yes, I'm a PokerNow affiliate. I'm pretty clear about that.

But in response to your question for proof as to his deception:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;o=&vc=1

Does that work for you? He comes flat out saying he has no vested interest in the code when he put up tens of thousands of dollars for it and gets a cut of the rake generated from it.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I'm a PokerNow affiliate. I'm pretty clear about that.

But in response to your question for proof as to his deception:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;o=&vc=1

Does that work for you? He comes flat out saying he has no vested interest in the code when he put up tens of thousands of dollars for it and gets a cut of the rake generated from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, another month...another time to defend myself.

Not going to go do it.

There are several people who participated in the original Shark offer and have also benefited from the continuing offers associated with it. They are not just a number listed under my account.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:02 PM

That is something i had missed in the past. He did lie about the vested interest.

That said though he really has no responsibility to start giving people rakeback.

rJ
Old 11-07-2004, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is something i had missed in the past. He did lie about the vested interest.

That said though he really has no responsibility to start giving people rakeback.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think he does either.

I'm just saying that I understand where certain people are coming from if they felt cheated by signing up under the "Shark" code.

Basically, my post was just to counteract your harsh use of the word "scum" for people trying to get out of a deal they were mislead into. It's a moot point anyway, deleting the registry key isn't automatically going to let you make a new PokerNow account, and if they find you with two accounts, they won't treat you too kindly.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting everyone who used "Shark" was cheated. Lots of people got exactly what they wanted to out of the deal, and Einstein did eventually make clear that Shark was his affiliate code. It's just some of those who signed up during the first few days that might feel like they got the shaft.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you kinda/sorta mean 'obligation' when you say 'responsibility'. if so, then i agree...there is no obligation per-se.

However, it does behoove him to do this anyway in order to at least make an effort to keep his players happy and keep them playing under his affiliation (and this, keep some affiliate money rolling in).