Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Anybody going to the WPT Bahamas event??

I've been lurking for a few months but this will be my first post. I've had pretty good success since starting to play in March w/ a couple final tables and a few decent cashes in MTT events. Until yesterday, never won anything bigger than a Sit-n-go though. I won a shootout yesterday and will be going to the WPT event at the Atlantis in January. Tried another shootout today and got 2nd so the cards are running good. Just wanted to thank all the posters here for sharing their wisdom. I started playing in March and have been studying and playing as much as the day job and family will allow. I've played a few live tourneys but nothing like a WPT. Anybody have any suggestions? More importantly, anybody else going to be their. Would love to meet some of you (not as much as I want to meet Shana though). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Anybody going to the WPT Bahamas event??

Ya, i wish cmon man who can just go and due that no jealousy if you can though have a sweet time..
Old 11-07-2004, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, i wish cmon man who can just go and due that no jealousy if you can though have a sweet time..

[/ QUOTE ]

translation?
Old 11-07-2004, 06:54 PM

Translater says:

ya (ya) I wish (I'm not going) cmon man who can just go and due [sp] that (Come on man, who can just go and do that) no jealousy (I couldn't win a spot in there if I tried), if you can though (If you won a spot) have a sweet time (Just like he said).

Wheeee.

Nick
Old 11-07-2004, 07:29 PM

I'm in! won $650 on stars this Sunday, thanks also to 2+2 posters these past couple years, especially FossilMan. WSOP couldn't have happend for more deserving guy. See u there sharkbait.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:03 PM

Very well played Chief. Brightened my day.

Funny stuff.

Did you see me get robbed last night in the $615 + 35? After sucking out twice early on I thought the poker gods really wanted me in the Bahamas.

I had a chance to be a near-lock for the seat when I had 30K in chips which was probably good for 1 or 2/45. A player with 16K decided to take his AQhh up against my obvious AA (I raised, he reraised, I put him nearly allin, he put the rest in). Flop was KTX with two hearts, and that was too many outs for me to fade. The 3h on the turn took the wind out of my sails.

When the table broke, it was one weak-loose-passive player (mainer, something) who completely cleaned me out. This guy played literally every hand for a limp when he was first to act. I was playing with him earlier in the tournament and his stack fluctuated wildly. When we got down to 27 players he had a huge stack and was still playing every hand when he could sneak in for the price of the BB (800). He took a significant portion of my stack away with Qs3s, which he called a raise with preflop after limping, bet a jack-high one spade flop, called my raise from the button, check called a bet on the turn when the second spade hit, and hit his flush on the river (it went check/check).

Finally, in the BB I had KTo and about 8K in chips with the blinds still at 400/800. Same player had limped from MP, SB completed and I checked. Flop was King high with two spades. SB checked, as did I, my nemesis bet 1600, SB folded, I went allin and he called with 8s5s....spade on the river. gg.

Shane
Old 11-08-2004, 02:50 AM

I don't know if you'll believe me sharkbait, but Shana is even hotter in person than she is on TV... I know, I know, it's very tough to believe, but it's true. Good luck, I will not be there if I don't qualify. It conflicts w/ a PPT event and I don't feel like paying 8k to play against the best players in the world when I can play against them for free [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Gavin Griffin
Old 11-08-2004, 09:41 AM

Shaniac,

Yah, I watched you for a while, and saw a hand where you definately got sucked out on (dont remember if that was the hand or not).

Gavin's just rubbin it in! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2004, 06:52 PM

Gavin-

I live very close to you (Clarendon Hills). I really enjoyed watching you win the bracelet at the WSOP. Do you play in any live tournaments in the Chicago area? I play the Rockford Charitable Games tourneys when work permits but don't know of any others. Need to get as much live play in as I can before the Bahamas (probably need to brush up on Caro as well).

It sounds like you've made this your full-time gig - is that right? Good luck with the qualifying but sounds like you have a good alternative if that doesn't work out!

SB
Old 11-08-2004, 06:55 PM

Congrats Jong! See ya there.