Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2004, 01:57 PM

Default I just wanna cry!

My last 6 hours playing has been the worst that I've ever experienced. I know I know you guys probably don't want to hear it; however I have to get it out. I feel like I've taken a wrong turn and walked right into a ring with a bull and had the [censored] kicked out of me. I've lost about 23% of my BR. I set a challenge for my self on Tuesday to try to play as well as I can for 8 weeks and to “try” to win 3BB/100. I started out very well winning about 3BB/100 playing down at the 1/2 and 2/4 level in 29 hours. I was doing really well almost tripling the $125 I started with at 1/2 in 3 days. Last night the [censored] hit the fan. I couldn't hit the flop with any hand that I played. My AK suited or not couldn't hit, my big pairs were drawn out on. I couldn’t protect my hands to save my life. No matter if I raised, check raised, reraised with the best of it. My suited high cards couldn't hit flush with the odds, my middle pairs in late position with no raises couldn't hit trips and the few times that they did, I was drawn on. I just don't know which cards to play anymore. I feel like when I go back to the tables that I won’t play the cards the right way.

I've taken a huge mental toll the last 6 hours of play. I've learned that it's just part of the game from you pros and the books and what not but I just don't get it. I thought poker was sporadic; you win some you loose some. I didn't think it was, you loose some you loose some more and then you loose again. Sorry for wasting your time. I needed to get this out.