Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 02:46 PM

Default Increasing your table numbers

Hi, first post.

I've been playing a months at 2/4 on Party and occasionally play two tables at the same time. Of course, this makes me play a little bit tighter on both which isn't a bad thing, but I still sometimes get a little flustered when both are in action at the same time with the screen popping back and forth.

What I'd like to know is if there are better ways to handle increasing the tables you play on. Obviously I can link up another screen, which I plan to do, but I'd really like to know what people playing on 4, 6, or even 8 screen are doing. Many screens? Multiple windows on the same screen (Party won't let me resize that I know of)?

Any advice on how people are doing this and suggestions for me are appreciated.

Lemondropmmm
Old 11-03-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Increasing your table numbers

Right click desktop, Click the Settings Tab, move your screen resolution up. Experiment with different setting till you find one thats right because it can be strainfull to the eyes.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:58 PM

There are different solutions and it depends on the # of tables you want to play. Change your screen resolution. At 1600x1200, you can play 4 tables with no overlap. For those that go over 4 tables, typically they have dual monitors with 4 tables on each.

As you play more, you'll get used to the action and the pace. I haven't tried more than 4 tables yet (need a 2nd monitor), but it's a rarity to have hands going on at 2 tables at the same time, and even rarer to have hands at 3 tables.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:12 PM

I followed Nfinity's instructions and was able to change my resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768. I don't think I can do better with my system. It takes it down to 3/4 screen size, which does look like it will help a lot with two overlapping screens. But now I can start getting used to more screens more easily and I know what I need to system-improve in the future.

Thanks folks,

The Lemon
Old 11-03-2004, 03:36 PM

You can get a fairly cheap video card that will allow 1600x1200. Generally under 50 dollars, and if you have windows most will be plug and play. Good luck to you!

PS. If your monitor is smaller than 19 inches, it can get tough on the eyes to play at 1600x1200. 19-21 inch monitors are really helpful in this regard.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:09 PM

It's not necessarily your video card that's stopping you from getting a higher resolution; it's probably the monitor itself.