Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: should I retire from poker?
no 29 67.44%
YES 14 32.56%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Best Time of the Day to Play

I don't have a big enough sample size under my belt to make any conclusions regarding a correlation between win rate and time of day. I have started to notice some trends but I still don't have enough data to confirm my suspicions.

I'm curious if any other 2+2's have noticed a strong trend between time of day and win rate.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Best Time of the Day to Play

I've been pondering this exact subject and was glad to see someone else doing the same. I don't know about which day but the fishes seem to come out at night. Games are definitely tougher during the day which might indicate that the people who play for a living are doing so during normal working hours??
Old 11-02-2004, 04:51 PM

I have noticed that playing from about 6pm to midnight is very good for me! If that helps you any [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2004, 05:37 PM

I think 4 - 8pm is best most days of the week. I think a lot of college kids log in with short stacks after their school day ends, but they have lost them by dinnertime. And strangely Saturday mornings are great for me. I have no good theory as to why, do others find that is true as well?

I agree most weekday mornings and early afternoons are awful.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:39 PM

I play on a primaproker site and basically I do well during dinner hours and right after. MAybe its because I just had a fresh meal or because other people are getting tired - im not sure. However, after midnite and into the wee hours of the monring people form Sweden start logging on and start to drown out the tired fish [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I havent noticed a good/bad day to play on during the week. all seem equal to me.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:02 PM

In my PT 6pm to 8pm is the most profitable! Next would be 12pm to 2pm next would be 8pm to 10pm and then basically these to times are a tie 10pm to midnight and 4am to 6am all times are EST hope this helps.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:21 PM

Tilt, I have a theory as to way saturday mornings are good. A hung over player might as well be drunk hence awful. I tried a couple of times when I started playing and you really suck. At least i did. I guess it depends on that you're thinking about the night before and the fact that I get more or less indifferent when hung over. Anyone else noticed this?
Old 11-02-2004, 08:39 PM

Well I just finished up a 1.5 hour session and for me being between 6-8 which happens to be my best time to play I five timesd my $$$ =)
Old 11-03-2004, 11:51 AM

Good theory. Also I think newbies come to the tables on Friday nights, get lucky and login again in the AM. Then they find they are just fish. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2004, 11:43 AM

No surprises I guess.