Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2004, 05:33 PM

Default What the hell he got?

25/50c NL Hold Em at Royal Vegas

Villian background: This is my third hand at the table, but in the first hand before I posted the villian openraised UTG+2 4x BB to 2 was reraised to 5 by the SB and called. Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks, Villian bets 3 and SB calls. Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], check check. River is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], SB leads out with $2 bet, and is called by villian and SB's ATo is good.

Now MY hand.

I am in LP with QQ.

Preflop: UTG+2 ( <font color="blue">$10 </font> ) opens for 1.5, two calls, one fold to me, Hero ( <font color="blue"> $33 </font> ) make it 10 to go, cold called only by SB (Villian, has me covered substantially) and original raiser.

Flop (Pot=33.50, 1 All-in): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villian checks, Hero bets 12, Villian calls.

At this point I am a little worried about what the SB has. Should I have just check the flop? If so, what do I do on the the turn if he bets or checks?

Turn (Pot=57.50): T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian Checks, Hero goes all in for 11, Villian calls.

At this point in the hand, if I had made a mistake by betting the flop, it is clear that I am now committed to the hand.

River (Pot=79.50): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Is there anything that I need to do differently on this hand or did I play it correctly given the one hand I saw him play?
Old 11-01-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: What the hell he got?

what was villain's hand in game 1? 99?
Old 11-01-2004, 05:50 PM

i like ur play with really no read .......i think most players would reraise preflop or on the flop with aces or kings heads up......he had probably got 99-jj....if he hit a set on the turn ur screwed........otherwise i like ur hand.....if hes esp. tricky he could have aces or kings, but for the most part i like ur hand.........
Old 11-02-2004, 03:00 AM

not bad. My guess is that he a pocket pair. Probably 8s or lower, of course 7s and 8s are what scare you...