Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2004, 11:29 PM

Default Rate my play

Ok, I did a late night $30 Multi table on party poker. It had 700 something entrants. We were down to like 33-35 players, I had 15000 chips, a little below the average chip count. Chip leader has 40k.

The blinds are 750/1500. Im on the BB, I am dealt 4s6s.

Theres one limper from mp, and the small blind completes, and I check.

The flop comes 5s, 9c, Ks.

The small blind checks, I check, the guy from mp goes all in, and the small blind instantly goes all in.

Its up to me, and its 10900 to call here.
Ive got a low flush draw, and I know its the only flush draw out there. I knew my only outs were to hit the flush, and I was decent pot odds. 10900 to win 30,000. And if I won this hand, I knew I could make top 3-4 in the final table, as I would be the chip leader with like 40,000 chips.

Is this an instant call, or should I lay this down?

I still had 13667 chips left if I folded?

I still havnt read any two plus two books, so I dont know about EV, and wonder what I should do in this situation.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Rate my play

That's a tough one. Read dependant for me.

eg will one of those 2 players push a draw/nut draw (AsXs)
Old 10-31-2004, 11:39 PM

I wouldn't call unless I knew for sure they didnt have a better draw then me, I was 90% sure I was the only one on a draw.

I knew the sb had a made had, and figured the guy from mp had top pair, AA (Ive seen him limp with big pairs), and knew he only pushes with top pair or better), so I figured im the only one on a draw.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:52 PM

Its still short on odds, your stack is decent, your read is there are no other flush draws but there may be others, and runner runner spades hurt your odds even more. Unless you think you are a worse player than the top 10 and have to gamble, wait for a better shot. You've played for hours, why shortstack yourself with short odds. This might not even be a call with a little better than flush draw odds.

With A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I think its a call with the extra outs. Otherwise an easy fold for me.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:32 AM

How do you *know* there are no other flush draws? I would not hesitate mucking this. You're not getting great odds and you're drawing to a low flush. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the others was on a flush draw. I often see people going all-in and raising all-in on a big flush draw. Find a better opportunity.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:00 AM

Ive been in the same table for awhile, and knew my opponents pretty well. I know that the guy from mp would only push with at least top pair and good kicker. And the small blind called pretty fast, and he's not the gambling type. He would basically only call with two pair or better. He's the more passive/calling station, and wouldnt reraise someone with AK with top pair good kicker.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:58 AM

I RATE IT HORRIBLE YUR DRAWING TOO 2ND LOWEST FLUSH POSSIBLE(I READ THEM AS.... CMON THIS IS ONLINE YU SAW MAYBE 40 HANDS AND FROM THEM... AND I BET YUR NOT STU UNGAR ANYWAY.. WHY CALL IS MY QUESTION BC YU MIGHT DRAW OUT TOO WHAT MIGHT BE THE NUTS SEEMS LIKE 1 MIGHT TOO MANY TO EVEN THINK ABOUT IT... SIMPLE SIMPLE LAY THERE UNLESS LIKE I SUSPECT YU JUST ARENT THAT GOOD OF A PLAYER IN THAT CASE PUSH EVERY 30% CHANCE TO TRIPLE UP BC THATS THE ONLY WAY YUR GONNA WIN IF YUR A DONKEY. COMPLETE DONKEY PLAY THE KIND THAT TILT GOOD PLAYERS LIKE ME WHEN MY SET GETS CRACKED BY SOME ONLINE DONKEY.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
COMPLETE DONKEY PLAY THE KIND THAT TILT GOOD PLAYERS LIKE ME WHEN MY SET GETS CRACKED BY SOME ONLINE DONKEY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut your noise tube.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:08 AM

you say the SB is a calling station, why would he not call with a spades draw then? thats what calling stations do...if you have such great reads on your opponents then why dont you wait for a better spot.

with 35 people left how do you *know* that you can make top 4 if you win the hand? seems like you dont know as much as you think you do, and your reads aren't as trustworthy as you thought...to me anyhows
Old 11-01-2004, 05:38 AM

You are doing it in this thread too. I think you must have accidentally hit that button next to the 'A' key known as the 'Caps Lock' key. IT MAKES YOU TALK LIKE THIS. All you have to do is press it again, and everyone will be happy again.