Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 04:06 PM

Default pokerchamps

anyone playing here? I just DLed the software and I gotta say, its pretty damn sweet, I love the way they have it set up for multitabling, being able to see the lobby in each window is pretty nice. Also their rake rebate program looks pretty interesting, I think it has the potential to attract alot of fish. Have they been doing any advertising? Anyone have any positive or negative experiences to share?
Old 10-29-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Re: pokerchamps

I signed up a few days ago when it was still Beta testing and I'm playing there now on a $3-6 table. Currently 535 people online with 511 seated.

I'm very impressed with the software as well. It's very innovative and refreshing to see a new site not using one of the standard setup's. Gus Hansen has apparently had quite a bit to do with the design and layout of the site.

Hope it does well. It's nice to see someone do something different for a change and this site really seems to cater to to the hardcore online poker buffs.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:11 PM

Gus Hasen is currently playing on a 3/6 table right now if anyone is interested
Old 10-29-2004, 05:43 PM

I just checked it out. the software looks awesome and the bonus/affiliate structure seems cool enough, too.

I'll definately play there once game selection improves -I'm enamored by celebrity as much as anyone but I have no interest in playing 1/2 limit against Gus Hansen. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2004, 06:16 PM

Nice software. I like the little map in the corner showing where in the world the players at your table are from. Plus anyone can 4 table without overlap, not just the 1600x1200 folks. All the scrolling bars were quite annoying after only a few minutes though.

I don't see it attracting many fish unfortunately. It seems overly geared toward the serious player and will likely initmidate new players. Plus I think the cash back bonus is much too complicated for a new recreational player. I think the flat bonuses like $100 for 700 hands are much more attractive for the inexperienced player.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:18 PM

i play play there. looks pretty nice so far..
Old 10-29-2004, 07:07 PM

Nice software. I like the little map in the corner showing where in the world the players at your table are from.

I love the fact that the map also shows where the sun is currently shining all around the world.

Lori
Old 10-29-2004, 07:20 PM

Interesting, reading the fine point though rake is based on when you fold out of the hand, or how much of the pot you actually contributed. This is very different that most mean rake figures and doesn't faver the tight player. Not a bad thing for the site, but something to be aware of.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:03 PM

anyone want to transfer me 15 dollars so I can play a bit? I'll paypal you 15 dollars to cover it (before you transfer), I just don't have a CC I can use.

Just realized this is my first post. This is going to looky fishy, but I'm legit. :/
Old 10-29-2004, 10:14 PM

How did you sign up? When I click on create account nothing happens.