Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 02:01 PM

Default Canterbury Paul Allen Celebrity Hold Em Tourney

This tournament is scheduled for tonight and was thinking about going to play in it. It's only $100 entry and was wondering what kind of 'celebrities' may be involved. I asssume that there have to be a few as it is bounty tournament. Anyone else planning on playing or know who might be involved?
Old 10-27-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Canterbury Paul Allen Celebrity Hold Em Tourney

The celebrities if you call them that are usually PA and the Common Man. Sometimes another local radio name, but thats about it. Its kind of a shootout tourney, limit, starts with a thousand chips I think and increases very rapid, the best part of the tourney is that you get free drinks when a celeb sits at your table, and the chance to get the 150 dollar bounty.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:26 PM

If the celebrities were topless females I would enter. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste $$ on a limit tourny...
Old 10-27-2004, 07:13 PM

I don't play many Canterbury tournaments anymore, but I have played quite a few over the years. The "celebrities" almost always include Paul Allen and one of his buddies. Dan "The Common Man" Cole makes frequent appearances. There have been several Vikings, mostly "Superstar" Mike Morris. Kent Hrbek played in a stud tournament two or three years ago. Dark Star finished second in one. Several Canterbury jockeys have played in it. If a celebrity is a no-show, John Harty steps in. Anyway, it probably isn't going to be a huge name.

I'm posting this too late for it to do you any good tonight, but you will probably want to get there early. These tournaments usually sell out, and sometimes quickly.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:20 AM

Yeah it was Paul Allen and the "common man". Tournament sold out by 6:15pm I was told. I played ok, finished terribly and out of the money. Did manage to take out the "common man" for $150.00. Not alot, but it definitely was fun to do.