Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 12:57 PM

Default A9s on the button

MP2 has VPIP 68.75 and Total Agression 1.47 based on 32 hands.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (18.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB

Should I have slowed down at some point? Any comments welcome. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-26-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: A9s on the button

Raise preflop.

Flop: I probably 3-bet this, though going for overcalls can't be terrible. SB and BB like their hands enough to bet and call, so I don't think they are folding here for two more.

Turn: Good.

River: At this point, I go for an overcall (and hope BB wasn't just calling all along with the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]); it's close between raising and calling. I never cap the river, unless MP2 is a maniac.

Rob
Old 10-26-2004, 01:08 PM

I would three-bet the flop and hope he didn't get the full boat on the turn. I would have played turn and river the same.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never cap the river, unless MP2 is a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP2 has VPIP 68.75 and Total Agression 1.47 based on 32 hands

32 hands is nothing, but that aggression is VERY high considering his VPIP.

i 3-bet the flop since your relative position will suck for the expected turn bet and your raise. this guy may not slow down either. turn cap is good. BB will call with a single big heart. the river changes nothing. the first raise is good. the cap is close and really doesn't matter since he can't 5-bet.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never cap the river, unless MP2 is a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP2 has VPIP 68.75 and Total Agression 1.47 based on 32 hands

32 hands is nothing, but that aggression is VERY high considering his VPIP.

i 3-bet the flop since your relative position will suck for the expected turn bet and your raise. this guy may not slow down either. turn cap is good. BB will call with a single big heart. the river changes nothing. the first raise is good. the cap is close and really doesn't matter since he can't 5-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
1.47 is closer to LAG than Maniac, AFAIC. Even then, manaics get hands sometimes.

Your hand has to be good 55% of the time for each bet to be good once BB drops out. I think it's close, but I just call the 3-bet rather than capping.

Rob
Old 10-26-2004, 01:21 PM

That 2 of diamonds falling sure screwed things up for you. Personally, I would have put the brakes on when MP2 3 bet the turn. He is acting like he had a set which grew into a full boat, or is a convincing liar.