Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2004, 05:05 PM

Default Easy-Breezy (Telling all your friends how you got the best of me)

Party 2/4 Jackpot
(Jackpot tables seem +EV because of fish chasing the quarter million.)

Hero is MP2; Villain is SB. Villain's stats are 67.24 VP$IP, 3.45 PFR. Ni~ce and fishy.

Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, 2 folds, Hero limps, 2 folds, button limps, Villain raises, BB folds, everyone calls. (11SB in pot)

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain bets, folds to Hero.
Tight PFR standards from Villain mean a 7 and/or 3 is unlikely, so I'm definitely drawing live. 3 to a straight and three to a flush is 3 effective outs. My overcards might be good vs. big cards, but no good vs. a big pair; I won't be happy if I hit them, so I won't count them. If I hit, since I have position on the PFR, I can raise, getting 2BB on the river. I figure the way the effective outs for backdoor draws are calculated, I can't really count the BB from the turn that I'll have to call, but the 2BB I'll get on the river make this effective 16-to-1.
Hero calls, Button folds. (13SB = 6.5BB in pot)

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Halfway there... 12 outs, unless Villain has exactly A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], in which case I'm pretty much boned.
Villain bets.
Against a thinking player, semi-bluff raising here to represent either the hit gutshot or the party-style slowplayed 7 might win me the pot outright, but vs. this opponent I might just get reraised. More likely is he calls down, which is bad for me if I don't have a hand.
Hero calls. (8.5BB in pot)

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Woo hoo! Unless opponent has QQ... then, D'oh!
Villain bets, Hero raises...
Old 10-24-2004, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Easy-Breezy (Telling all your friends how you got the best of me)

Unless I know that villain only raises big pocket pairs, I call the flop too. (I'm not completely discounting my overcards here.) I play the hand exactly like you did, most of the time.

Incidentally, if villain has exactly A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], then you have ten outs on the turn.