Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2004, 03:49 PM

Default My first 10k raked hands, tell me how much I suck

First the disclaimer. This is my first 11k+ hands at 1/2 and up, with about 80% at the 2/4 level. I left off the .50/1 because it was before my reading days and I had no idea what I was doing, despite being up. Also, I probably have at LEAST another 5-10k hands that were not in here because I played them at sites that I did not try to hook up with Tracker, these include Absolute, Gaming Club, UB, etc. According to Bison's rankings, I'm currently a frownie. That said, here are the numbers:

VP$IP - 20.86%
VP$IP from SB - 41.01%
Folded SB to steal - 81.08 <- a little weak?!?!
Attempted to steal blinds - 19.42
BB/100 - 4.87 <- that can't be right
Went to SD - 32.28
Won $ at SD - 53.25 <- another weak point?

Aggression factor: Flop - 1.45, Turn - 1.56, River - 2.32 <- do I need to grow a pair or something?
Old 10-24-2004, 03:56 PM

Default Re: My first 10k raked hands, tell me how much I suck

you're probably playing a few too many hands before the flop, which is why your aggression stats are very low. i'm guessing you're playing more speculative hands which pick up draws on the flop, so you're not very aggressive on the flop and turn.

this is why stats are difficult to interpret. your aggression stats are very low on the flop and turn, but its possible that you're playing quite aggressively with the hands you should be playing aggressively.

my guess is that you'd do better if you tightened up a bit preflop. and yeah, its just a guess.