Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2004, 03:56 AM

Default Crytpo Sites...bad bonus whoring?

There's been alot of posts on the subject of Crypto monthly bonuses, and, based on that info, I've tried interpoker and pokerplex. Its not going well. I'm just finding that its hard to clear the bonuses when there are no full tables running between 1/2 and 50/100. I'm pretty sure that it would be -EV to play 1/2 at Pokerplex to clear the bonus, instead of another 5/10 Empire/Party table where i'm getting rake back. I've even tried to play earlier, during European primetime, with only the ocassional full 5/10 table being played. I'm gonna give it a few more days, check back ocassionally, but I think that the whole thing is a bad idea. Plus, the whole waiting for a PIN is annoying.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Crytpo Sites...bad bonus whoring?

Bonus whoring isn't a big part of your profits by the time you reach 5/10.

Though at prime time you can quite frequently find shorthanded tables of all conceivable limits on the crypto network. And as you clear most of the bonuses on a per-raked-hand system sh is really the way to go.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:54 AM

Clearing the bonus at Poker Plex is going very well for me. All you have to do is sit in for 300 hands - they don't have to be raked. I found that the NL games were an easy way to clear the bonus at Interpoker (where hands DO have to be raked to count toward clearing the bonus). Those games were very soft usually.

Crypto and skins are unusual though - games range from extremely tight to fairly juicy. Rarely do you see 5-7 lunatics at one table like you routinely do at Party or Pacific. But I'm learning to adapt. Personally I'm not really fond of Crypto either, but with reload bonuses in general drying up (apart from Absolute, where I refuse to play) it's the best place to bonus whore for now.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:16 AM

The site hits peak player population in the afternoon-supper time U.S. Central time. This would be "prime time" in the UK where it seems the majority of players are from.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:20 PM

There's rarely a full $3/6 or $5/10 game going, even at those times.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:57 PM

Quick Inter question. I just starting whoring there and I finished my 450 hands, according to the sweet raked hand counting script I found around here. But the $90 hasnt been moved to my withdrawable account yet. Does it take time to show up, or is it instantaneous like Party and I should just play a few more hands to make sure Im over?
Old 10-24-2004, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's rarely a full $3/6 or $5/10 game going, even at those times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Crypto sites are much more known for the NL games. At prime time there's usually 4-7 .50/1 blinds NL and also several more at higher limits than that.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:01 PM

It should be instantaneous, so I'd play some more hands. It's usually best to play something like 10 hands over to make sure you actually hit the target amount.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:13 PM

I am in the same boat, the $8 an hour that is "free" money is great, but the only time I can find good games is between noon and six Pacific time. I don't play short-handed, so it's usually 1/2 or 2/4 pound games at best. Otherwise, the no-limit games are pretty good. Even the lowest blinds work because the players are so bad.

If you three-table Inter, you can get through the 450 raked hands (taking me about 660) in 4.5 hours. That's $20 an hour in bonus, plus at least an average of $10 for just a $1/$2 game. Poker plex and Caribbean you can cruise through in just a couple hours, same overall win rate of about $30. Not enough if you multi-table $5/$10, but pretty close for a multi- $3/$6 player.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2004, 01:18 PM

I'd keep away from the pound tables though since the rake caps at three pounds!