Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2004, 04:41 PM

Default who takes notes?

Hi,

What are the kind of notes would someone would take down during a tourney? How would you easily organize it? I never had so I am looking for advice if I ever would.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 10-23-2004, 08:58 PM

Default Re: who takes notes?

In ring games you run into the same people more often, so you can get some really detailed notes that fall into a system. In tournaments, it's a little more difficult because you get shuffled around so much, so I tend to write down whatever information I can gather.

I like to see what types of hands people are playing. During the course of a tournament I will request hand histories to see what the losing player mucked. I want to know whether or not they are the types of players that bet draws or check call, whether or not they always bet after a raise, anything that sticks out. Do they understand pot odds or will they chase drawing hands and overpay? Are they playing good cards or are they calling with baby aces and anything suited. It's also improtant to see how they play their big cards, like AA or KK. I want to know if this player bluffs too much. Will they bet second pair? Are there any betting patterns that indicate wether or not they have cards or are drawing? I've seen some players who make weak bets at pots when they have raised and missed the flop, then I write that down and if they make that type of bet, I can gather they probably missed the flop. Some bad players will put in a mini-bet when they have some sort of draw. Some players always make a play at the river when their draws miss. Any information I can get I will write down. Even if you never run into that player again, taking notes makes you observe the action and the players around you.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:08 PM

In general, I let PT with auto import take my notes for me. Slowly I am building up good DBs for the limit and no limit tournies on party. I will take notes directly if I see something that really should be noted (like say someone who, if they put a dime in preflop, will call for all their chips with any ace or pair.)
Old 10-24-2004, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to see what types of hands people are playing. During the course of a tournament I will request hand histories to see what the losing player mucked. I want to know whether or not they are the types of players that bet draws or check call, whether or not they always bet after a raise, anything that sticks out.

[/ QUOTE ]

out of curiosity which site shows you in the hand histoy what someone mucked?