Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 06:34 AM

Default Cashout dilemmas...

I'm playing and have played online poker for quite some while. I play from Sweden and my annoyment with cashing out from various poker sites has now came to a danger level [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
I tried using checks but when I go to banks here they usually won't cash it in or they'll cash it in charging ridiculous percent of the amount.
Then I started using Neteller cashing out via the ATMcard,
what happen then is I withdraw USD from pokersite to Neteller account. Then I can only load my ATMaccount with 1000 USD/day and then the crooks take the opportunity to exchange that to canadian dollars, of course using an incredibly shitty rate to make an extra buck.
This means that for every 1000 USD I cash out via Neteller I get charged 25 USD.
2.5% rake on your winnings seem a bit steep in the long run, no?
I'm sure there are loads of Swedes/Europeans with same dilemma so I wonder if anyone got any useful advice.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Cashout dilemmas...

Depending on what site you play on you could use wire transfer to your bank account. I do this at Empire when I cash out more than $3500 at a time. I think you get charged by $35 if I remember correctly. Not cheap, but it still beats the fees for using the other services on these amounts...